GVA Partners is a business advisory and market intelligence services firm. Our objectives are to assist organizations to achieve their growth aspirations by providing market intelligence, strategy blueprint, IT solution delivery expertise and business operation improvement capabilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Project Manager
Project Managers are responsible for the effective, timely and profitable implementation of the Company suite of products and product enhancements to our customers. Project Management is a chargeable management role on projects that can be performed on-site at the customer site, or off-site from any the Company’s offices.
The Project Manager is responsible for:
This role requires extensive international travel.
An Honours Degree or a suitable post-Graduate PM Qualification or a Diploma in Computer Science/Business Studies with a Formal internationally recognised/certified Project Management qualification.
• A solid project management background with extensive experience with a proven and successful track record of working in a variety of customer facing situations for either a Consultancy company or a Software and Services company providing solutions in a Retail Banking and/or Wholesale Banking and/or a Financial environment
• A record of successful completion of a number of significant projects covering each part of the project life cycle
• Thorough understanding of the life-cycle of multi-phase, multi-tier, multi-party project plans with mixed discipline project teams comprised of customer personnel, 3rd Party personnel and Company personnel
• A solid understanding of the Company suite of products at a solution and architectural level as well as the Company methodology for the BankWorld/Sparrow product implementations and supporting processes.
• Maintain Project P&L responsibility, managing, controlling and monitoring project progress against time and budget, timeously addressing project slippage and reporting any deviations in excess of tolerance to the customer and Company management
• Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of banking and business processes, and the ability to understand the business and objectives of the customer
• Detailed knowledge of banking concepts, basic accounting procedures and banking operations
• The ability to successfully structure and plan a project to deliver both customer and Company objectives pre-empting possible issues
• Manage projects, performing tasks in a timely manner, cognisant of project deadlines and customer expectations
• Build, agree and communicate multi-phase, multi-tier, multi-party project plans with mixed discipline project teams comprised of customer personnel, 3rd Party personnel and Company personnel
• Practitioner in the methods and techniques that have been designated as the current Company standards:
o Project Methodology – as an operational Project Methodology
o PRINCE II/PMBOK or equivalent – as a general Project Management methodology
• Accomplished in the use of tools that have been designated as the current Company standards:
• Microsoft Project – as a Project Management Planning and Monitoring tool
• Excellent standards of report writing
• Ability to control meetings where opposing views are displayed and to resolve without conflict
• Ability to mentor Company’s Consultants
• Presents a professional image of the Company
• Ability to pro-actively manage expectations, assessing and reacting quickly to customers’ needs and identifying risks early
• Good inter-personal skills
• Microsoft Excel – for Financial Reporting, Change Control and Miscellaneous Reporting
• Microsoft Word – for General Communications and Reporting
• Microsoft PowerPoint – for internal/external presentations
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the customer organisation
• Self-driven and self-motivated, capable of performing without the need to be managed on a daily basis. Ability to meet deadlines. Achieves and exceeds standard objectives consistently
• Excellent and mature communications skills – oral and written
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com using the job title as subject of the mail.