A leading relief and development charity, working in partnership with Christian agencies and churches worldwide to tackle the causes and effects of poverty.
Job Title: Programme Coordination Officer – Ebola & N.E.
We are looking for a Programme Coordination Officer within the West & Central Africa Team. They will have a focus initially on Ebola and Nigeria
- The Programme Coordination Officer acts as the co-ordinator and link between the in country team and headquarters.
- They support the delivery of Tearfund’s vision and outcomes within a specific country or countries where Tearfund is undertaking large scale and complex strategies and appeals, and direct operational programmes.
- Candidates will be qualified to Degree (or equivalent) in development, humanitarian or management subjects.
- Candidates must have overseas experience in development and/or emergency contexts, proven ability of project management, including proposal and budget preparation, reporting, monitoring & evaluation, proven ability of working with institutional donors, donor contract management/liaison, proven ability of project administration within a Relief / Development context.
- Although based in the UK they are part of the in country team and will visit in country teams regularly and on occasions need to be ready to spend extended periods of time in-country.
- The team may be managing high levels of institutional funding and a key aspect to the role is providing support on quality standards.
- Close liaison with the Country Representative/Director and Deputy Geographic Head is essential for co-ordination and delivery of the integrated Tearfund country strategy or appeal strategy.
All candidates must be committed to Tearfund’s Christian beliefs
How to Apply
Click Here to Apply