Administrative and Procurement Officer Latest Jobs at International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES)
International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) is an international, nonprofit organization that supports the building of democratic societies. IFES provides targeted technical assistance to strengthen transitional democracies. Founded in 1987 as a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization, IFES has developed and implemented comprehensive, collaborative democracy solutions in more than 120 countries. IFES works to build the capacity of electoral administration bodies in Nigeria and supports the conduct of elections in the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative and Procurement Officer
Position Number: 16:058
Location: Nigeria, Abuja
Division: Program Management
Status: Local National Employee
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience.
- Prior experience in procurement is required, with preference for experience working in procurement for international NGOs or international organizations
- Prior experience in working on USAID funded-projects strongly preferred;
- Prior experience working on other international donor funded projects which may include but not limited to the EU, DFID etc. desired;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel required;
- Ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively;
- Effective verbal and written communication, multi-tasking, organizational, and prioritization skills are necessary;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Ability to detect problems and produce acceptable solutions.
- Responsible for organization and procurement of office supplies and services and then identify what needs to be procured locally or via DC/HQ;
- Apply IFES procurement policy Conduct and manage local procurement including requesting informal quotes, re-biding local contracts, preparing Purchase orders or other contractual mechanisms and ensuring proper back up documentations for procurement of goods and services is part of the procurement files;
- Work with IFES-DC in communicating the need for DC-led procurement, including, but not limited to, sending MSRs/SOWs and participating in bid evaluations;
- May assist in the organization and logistics for workshops, conferences and seminars;
- Manage local vendors and IFES service providers – insurance, telephones, office lease, utilities, internet provider, office facilities etc.;
- Organize and maintain a central filing system in both paper and electronic form;
- Maintain a database of all IFES contacts, NGOs and other organizations;
- Maintain office facilities and general office administration;
- Disbursement and management of IFES – Nigeria phone credits;
- Raise payment requests for vendor payments;
- Create a procurement tracker sheet and update the tracker on regular basis for all IFES Nigeria procurements (local & DC)
- Work with program team in the verification of items/services delivered against each purchase order/contract considering quality and quantity of material/services and providing program team with appropriate delivery note(s).
- Report to CoP & DCoP in case of any discrepancies in delivery of material/services.
- Conduct vendor and participant debarment checks and provide support documentation of debarment check to the program team members;
- Supervise the security guards, gardener and the cleaner;
- Other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online
- All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
- IFES takes affirmative action with respect to the employment and promotion of women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans. IFES will also take affirmative action on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity.”