The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally
displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Head of Programme
We are looking for a Head of Programme in our newly started country programme in Nigeria.
In the coming months, the main focus for NRC would be conflict affected populations including IDPs, returnees and the local communities in Borno State. NRC is providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
The Head of Programme reports to the Country Director
- Ensure and lead on active development of country programme strategy through needs assessment, coordination, proposal development and training, in coordination with CC Programme Development Managers and technical advisers at head office;
- Oversee the proposal development and reporting process and ensure timeliness and quality
- Ensure that all projects are implemented in adherence to NRC’s Project Cycle Management (PCM) framework
- Take a leadership role in ensuring cross – cutting issues are actively considered throughout the program cycle.
- Participate actively in the relevant technical country coordination mechanisms at both Federal and State level.
- Strategic thinking
- Initiating action and change
- Handling insecure environments
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience from a senior management position in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts preferably in Africa
- Core competency expertise
- Good knowledge of the context in Nigeria
- Experience in advocacy work and close government engagement
- Proposal development and donor compliance experience
- Monitoring and evaluation experience including basic survey design and analysis
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Experience with start-up
- Commencement: April 2016
- Contract period: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s International general directions and free housing of moderate standard.
- Duty station: Abuja. Abuja is a non family duty station,
How to Apply