Powergen Engineering Limited – We are a fast-growing organization i the packaged power sector of the economy. Our focus is the supply, installation and maintenance of power generators, transformers, control panels, power equipments and solar systems.
We are seeking suitable and qualified candidates to fill the underlisted vacancy:
Job Title: Technical Manager
The Technical Manager will be responsible for supervising installation and maintenance of generators sold by Powergen Ltd as well as ensuring quality service delivery of all maintenance contracts held by the company with clients.
Other functions include but are not limited to the following:
Maintenance and Installation:
- Oversee all installations and maintenance of all generators sold by Powergen Ltd
- Plan and direct the installation, testing, operation, maintenance, and repair of facilities and equipment.
- Provides maintenance services for clients.
Technical Support & Customer Relationship Management:
- Providing pre-sales technical assistance and product education, and after-sales support services
- Making technical presentations and demonstrating how a product meets client needs
- Manages technical resources to ensure they are within budget and project schedule
- managing and interpreting customer requirements in order to develope long-term relationships with clients.
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Analyze technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects
- Confer with management and marketing staff to discuss project specifications and procedures.
- Tracking projects, Conducting performance reviews
Marketing and Sales Support:
- Managing client quotations and administering client accounts
- Meeting regular After-sales projections
- Supporting marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events
- Liaising with other members of the sales team and other technical experts
Qualifications and Attributes
Our preferred candidate should possess the following:
- A university degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (with major or bias in power)
- 7-10 years experience especially in power or related sector or industry.
- At least 3 years experience in a supervisory/ management role (especially in power or electrical sector)
- Extensive hands-on experience in power generators or plants installation.
- Proven track record in managing and directing a skilled, and semi-skilled technical work force
- Strong leadership qualities with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Willingness to travel.
- Able to operate in a fast-paced and changing market environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, plus a good working knowledge of AUTOCAD or related softwares.
- Experience in the packaged power or related sector is an advantage.
- Proactive and energetic with eye for details
- A valid driver’s license.
Attractive and competitive with industry standards.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s with contact details along with application letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
8th April, 2016