Fountain University established to be a pace-setting institution by Nasrul-Lahi-L-Faith Society (NASFAT), was licensed in May 2007 by the Federal Government.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Director of Works and Physical Planning
Qualifications and Experience
- Possess a good Honours Degree in any Engineering, Architecture, Regional Planning or any relevant discipline from a recognized University.
- Be registered by a professional body in a relevant discipline such as COREN, ARCON, NIA, e.t.c.
- Have at least 10 years of cognate experience in Works & Physical Planning Department in an institution of higher learning.
Salary and any Other Condition of Service
The emolument is very attractive and comparable to what is in the University system generally.
Job Title: Vice Chancellor
The Council of the University has declared the position of Vice Chancellor vacant following the expiration of tenure of the Vice-Chancellor
- The Vice-Chancellor is the chief Executive and the Academic Head of the University the Chan man of both Senate, and Congregations, and a member of the Governing Council.
Applicant for this position must be-a distinguished scholar with outstanding academic and administrative records. He/she must be a proven manager of human and material resources. Specifically the person must:
- Be a full professor of not less than seven (7) sears with the ability to provide academic and administrative leadership for the University.
- Have held academic and administrative positions high enough to prepare him/her for the position of the Vice-Chancellor.
- Have a good understanding of the VISION and MISSION of the University.
- Be able to attract research grants and complimentary funds from local and international-agencies, and further uplift the academic status of the University.
- He able to exhibit entrepreneurial drive and ability to attract extra statutory funds and mobilize other resources for the development of the University.
- Have excel lent written and spoken communication skills;
- Be in position to ensure the protection of the University’s laws and regulations;
- Possess personal integrity in all areas including the management of funds and be able to deploy financial resources as appropriate in the context of the University’s strategic plan;
- Demonstrate interpersonal and team building skills and possess the ability to build bridges between staff, students and members of the university community and stakeholders;
- Have demonstrable abilities to establish and maintain partnerships with local, international government and non-governmental agencies and organizations;
- Be an individual who, judging from his/her track records, is likely to command the respect as well as the loyalty of the entire University Community;
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to attract, motivate and retain highly skilled and talented staff (academic and non-teaching);
- Be information and technology proficient and be committed to the current development and incorporation of ICT into the University programmes and services;
- Be of excellent physical and mental health;
- Not be more than 60 years of age. Tenure
The Vice-Chancellor shall hold the office for a single term of five (5) years.
The remuneration of and condition of service for the post of Vice-Chancellor shall be as generally obtained in the Nigerian University System but will be made personal to specific appointee and as may be determined from time to time by the University Council.
Job Title: Registrar
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the University except as regards to financial matters for which the Bursar is responsible.
- The Registrar is also the Secretary to the Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation.
- Candidates for the-post shall be visionary and have the ability to provide good leadership; possess personal integrity and must not be more than Fifty-five (55) years of age
- The appointment is for a renewable period of four (4) years in the first instance subject to satisfactory performance.
Qualifications and Experience
- Possess a good Honours Degree from a recognized University. Possession of higher degree(s) is an added advantage;
- Have minimum often (10) years cognate experience in University Administration;
- Be computer literate and have a demonstrable competence in Information and Communication Technology;
- Be physically and mentally fit,
- Have a good working knowledge of current administrative principles practices and processes.
- Have Membership of at least one relevant Professional Body such a NIM, AUA, IPMN, ANUPA.
Salary and conditions of Service
The emoluments shall be as generally obtained in the Nigerian University System but be-made personal to specific appointee and as may be determined from time to time by the University Council.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send the following documents listed below:
- 20 copies of applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae with essential supporting documents.
- Applicant’s 2- page Vision and Mission Statement for the University
- Medical Certificate of fitness from reputable Public Tertiary Health Institutions.
- Referees report from three carefully selected Referees who shall send their reports directly to the Registrar.
All the listed documents above (in a sealed envelope) marked “Vice-Chancellor Application” shall be addressed and submitted to:
Fountain University, Osogbo,
Note: Applicants should request their referees to forward their reports directly under confidential cover to reach the Registrar on or before the closing date above.
Deadline: 9th September, 2017.