We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Contracts Engineer
- Ability to develop, implement and review contracts documents with minimum supervision.
- Ability to issue out bid documents, review, evaluate and negotiate and award tenders technically and commercially with Legal frame work.
- Consult with technical staff on various products and applications, manage sub-contract labour and suppliers, handle complaints from the client, and deal with any issues that may compromise the project start and completion date, payment of contract, invoicing, non-chargeable expenses, as well as any labour or equipment costs that may exceed the budget for the project.
- Must be computer literate, with high proficiency in the use of Microsoft word, excel and use of software application.
- Must be knowledgeable in statutory documents and requirement for company registration (Insurance, NIPEX, NCD, TAXES) ETC.
- Review of Tender documents on receipt to ensure its completeness. Organise/take part in bid initiation & review meeting. Ensure that clarifications are raised well in time to get better clarity on bid submission. Co-ordinate & follow-up to ensuring post bid clarifications are addressed.
- All in-house co-ordination for preparation of bid including follow-up, collection of input from various sub-contractors or 3rd party.
- Clear understanding of work scope & best estimation with respect to execution of project. Responsible for review/preparation of OME (Order of magnitude estimate) before onward submissions.
- Ensure that commercial submissions to tenders are fully complied with all necessary details. Responsible to verify detailed MTOs (quantity take-off) from tender documentation.
- Ensure the Estimate is built up methodically and in sufficient detail and is in accordance with good estimating practice. Sufficient explanatory notes are to be including referring the location of supplementary information.
- Ensure completeness of Subcontract Enquiry Packages and availability of Subcontract offers well in time.
- Ensure Subcontractor responses are complete & tabulated accurately on a Bid Evaluation spreadsheet.
Deadline: 25th August, 2017.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Contracts Engineer”.