Local Technical Consultant at Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA)
Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA) is an international non-profit organization headquartered in Washington, D.C. and Brussels, Belgium with offices in 16 countries throughout Africa, Asia and Eastern Europe. We work with businesses, foundations, governments and communities to build customized local and global partnerships that meet the world’s growing demand for food. Since our inception in 1985, we have designed and implemented enterprise-based, agricultural development initiatives to facilitate market access, enhance agribusiness competitiveness, increase productivity and improve access to inputs and credit across 44 countries worldwide.
CNFA is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for the upcoming USAID/Nigeria Agri-Business Investment Project in the capacity below:
Job Title: Local Technical Consultant – USAID/Nigeria Agri-Business Investment Project
- 10+ years of experience in Nigerian agriculture and agribusiness development is required;
- Experience in the development and empowerment of Nigerian agribusinesses, including working with private- and public-sector actors to foster greater inclusiveness and collaboration, is required;
- Experience designing and/or managing agribusiness development projects is preferred;
- Experience in proposal writing is preferred;
- International donor experience required;
- USAID program experience preferred;
- Master’s Degree in related field required, PhD preferred;
- Full proficiency in writing and speaking English is required.
- The Local Technical Consultant will support the capture effort, including establishing contact with Nigerian agribusinesses, banks, and government agencies, and coordinating meetings between contacts and the CNFA Capture Team.
- The Consultant will also assist in the technical design for proposal development, including leading and facilitating the development of the design concept for the proposal; writing programmatic sections of the document in close collaboration with the Lead Technical Writer; and collaborating closely with the Budget/Contracts Manager to ensure that the technical program comports with the budgetary and contractual requirements.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online