The Nigerian Bottling Company Limited is one of the biggest companies in the non-alcoholic beverage industry in the country and is the sole franchise bottler of The Coca-Cola Company in Nigeria. Our company serves approximately 160 million people by producing and distributing a unique portfolio of quality brands, bringing passion to marketplace implementation, and demonstrating leadership in corporate social responsibility.
NBC Ltd started operations in Nigeria in 1951. Based in the city of Lagos, we operate 11 bottling plants across the country. In addition, we channel products through 29 distribution centers. We employ about 3,550 people and indirectly support the jobs of up to more than a million more in our value chain. We aim to be our customers’ most preferred supplier, and conduct programmes to support our network of 900,000 distribution partners .
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Top On Trade Manager (Premium Spirits)
- The Top On Trade Accounts Manager (Premium Spirits) reports to the HORECA & Premium Spirits Sales Director.
Desired Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree ideally business related (i.e. Sales, Marketing, etc.); good command of English will be considered as additional asset.
- Minimum of 6 years of proven operational track record in Sales/ Commercial.
- Minimum 4 years of managerial experience, preferably in a large manufacturing companies
- Customer Centric oriented;
- Listens actively and challenges processes and structures;
- Open to ideas and improvements submitted by customers and others.
- Sound Sales/ Commercial related operational knowledge, complete value-chain/ system knowledge including TCCC.
- MS Word/ Excel/ Power Point user
- Overall commercial understanding
- On Trade Activation experience
- Key Account Management
- Financial acumen & resources management
- Selling & negotiation with large customers
- Operational planning & performance management
- Analytical thinking & synthesis to drive decision making
- Communication (oral, written, presentations, influencing)
- Building successful & mutual benefit relationships
- Ability to manage through several layers.
- Ability to read and interpret market data and competitive response.
- Ability to make and communicate hard decisions and courage to stay the course.
- Deep business understanding.
- Ability to think in terms of functional sustainability rather than short term wins.
- Business planning.
- Ability to think in terms of profitability and sustainability rather than functional capability.
- Contingency planning.
- Ability to think tactically and strategically.
- Ability to set standards for management/ business performance.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Negotiation Skills.
- Effective Presentations Skills.
- Emotional maturity, integrity.
- Ability to lead and manage change.
- Good project management skills
- Develops, implements & evaluates key on-trade customer plans
- Generates Customer Insight & Analysis
- Supports On-Trade outlet segmentation (Gold, Silver, Bronze) through the team
- Negotiates and manages On-Trade Agreements
- Develops Tailor Made Sales Drivers Activities (Visibility, Distribution, Persuasion, Quality, Price)
- Evaluates and measures effectiveness of key initiatives/activities
- Develops & Monitors On Trade Agreements by status report per activator, area, region
- Controls invoices of promos, tailor made sales activities, Point Of Sales (POS) regarding On Trade Agreements.
- Manages Key On-Trade Customers at volume, Net Sales Revenue (NSR) & Net Contribution level-achievement of all critical KBIs (NSR, financials, RED (Right Execution Daily), etc.)
- Customer satisfaction
- Coaches peers on issues related to On Trade Activation
- On-route coaching & feedback direct reports and Field Sales HORECA ( Hotel ,Restaurant and Cafeteria) team
- Implementation of capability development plan
- Drives On Trade Activation strategy in the market (customer negotiations, leading at peer level & upwards)
- Develops annual business plan for On Trade Activation and relevant key customers
- Significant contribution in the development of the monthly activity plan with Customer Marketing team
- Sets performance management routines with own team, Field Sales & wholesale teams to review account plans progress
- Develops strategic partnerships with key customers
- Builds alliances with key cooperating departments through common routines (Field Sales, Ho.Re.Ca, wholesales, customer marketing)
- Develops a cross-functional team approach in account management for joint value creation
- Exploits all opportunities in the market through the team for maximizing results
- Ensures successful launching of all new products/categories
How to Apply
Click here to apply online