Senior Project Manager at eHealth Africa (eHA) in Abuja/Kano
eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Project Manager
Locations: Abuja /Kano
Summary of Job
- The Senior Project Manager leads project delivery team comprising project management professionals.
- S/he manages improvements to project management processes, tools, and infrastructure in order to ensure that all projects meet the organization’s needs.
- S/he must work closely with stakeholders to ensure organizational cohesiveness
- Project Management, Sprint Planning, Engagement, Agile, Relationship Management Mapping.
Education / Experience
- Master’s degree in Management, Business Administration, Project Management or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years project management experience and 2 years agile project management experience.
- Strong project management skills, including experience in agile practices and frameworks e.g. Lean, Scrum, and Kanban.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and deliver within tight timelines while being flexible in adapting to new roles.
- Strong leadership skills that include the ability to build effective teams, ability to motivate others, delegation, and timely/quality decision making. Training and presentation experience is preferred.
- Action-oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with at least 4 years supervisory experience.
- A deep understanding of agile software development best practices.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to inspire confidence in teams to follow the recommended product direction.
- Proficient business and technical experience, with a strong talent for enabling productive communication between groups.
- Passion and proven talent for launching projects on-time, on-budget, and on-strategy.
- Ability to seamlessly handle multiple projects at once.
- Ability to proactively track the progress of all project team members and keep everyone focused on the tasks at hand.
- Must be a world-class individual contributor to eHealth Africa good problem-solving skills.
Certifications and Licenses:
- A Project Management (PMP) certification is required
- PMI – Agile Certification is an added advantage.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHealth Africa is a tobacco-free environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and use a computer and/or reach with hands and arms.
- To perform this role successfully, the Senior Project Manager will perform the following responsibilities which may include but are not limited to:
- Introduce a culture of project management supported by policies and guidance.
- Advocate for Agile principles and create clear visibility into status and progress of all projects.
- Evaluate and improve systems and processes to effectively meet project requirements and execution goals.
- Facilitate Release Planning activities across all program teams and manages the overall program communication and stakeholder management.
- Perform overall project risk and issue management, and handle detailed tracking and mitigation planning.
- Plan and coordinate project activities and ensure the timely implementation of projects.
- Ensure that project deliverables meet quality standards and business requirements.
- Manage small and complex projects through the entire project lifecycle (inception, design, development, integration, test, trial and maintenance).
- Ensure that work requests and backlogs are properly articulated, prioritized and detailed.
- Organizes and facilitates project planning, daily stand-ups, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other project-related meetings.
- Tracks tasks and milestones and reports on the project’s progress.
- Works to identify blocked or stalled activities and influences the team to resolve the issues, seeking opportunities for innovation and enhancing the efficiency of project delivery.
- Defines requirements and work with relevant cross-functional teams to guarantee smooth, efficient implementation and delivery of projects.
- S/he will be responsible for communicating and defining the team’s objectives, as well as eliminating any productivity barriers.
- S/he will develop and oversee project management and schedule goals, procurement and contractual requirements, personnel assignments and capacity planning.
- As project management lead, s/he will assess the team’s skills and train where necessary.
- Assesses and identify any changes in forecast process accuracy, as well as balance resources for producing or delivering project deliverables
- Manage project communications, providing formal and informal status updates both internally and externally.
- Foster a project work environment that promotes productivity, innovation, and fairness.
- Provide thought leadership, strategic insight, and clear communication (written and verbal) to project managers members on strategy.
- Performs any other duties assigned by Management.
How to Apply