APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk Group – a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing industries – Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your work place.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Information Technology
Location: Onne, Rivers
Who we are looking for:
- University degree in Information Systems Management or similar
- Post graduate studies in IT management or related studies.
- At least 8 years in IT management roles.
- Knowledge of N4 terminal operating system
- Knowledge of modern terminal operations.
- Understanding of the container shipping industry and an ability to relate with shipping company and other associated industry managers.
- Experience in finance related matters, setting budgets and reporting against financial objectives.
- Strategic mindset, ability to drive strategic initiatives.
- Ability to provide leadership, obtain cooperation and assistance to meet objectives.
- Lead roll-out and change management activities across the Terminal in connection with implementation and deployment of APM Terminals global IT solutions.
- Develop and deploy Terminal specific IS applications, and provide input and support to development and deployment of global applications:
- Provide input to development of global applications to be developed by APM Terminals.
- Manage the implementation and deployment of APM Terminals global applications.
- Capture and prioritise business requirements for Terminal IS applications.
- Develop recommendation for Terminal specific IS solutions-consistent with APM Terminals policy and standards.
- Manage the development, implementation and deployment of Terminal specific IS applications.
- Provide recommendations for best-practice-sharing regarding IS solutions.
- Provide input to recommendation for vendor selection for APM Terminals global applications.
- Provide input to and ensure compliance with APM Terminals IS strategy, policy and standards.
- Provide input to the development of APM Terminals IS strategy, policy, and standards for infrastructure, platforms, and IS applications development.
- Ensure compliance with IS strategy, policy and standards for the APM Terminals (including infrastructure, platforms, applications development, and security).
- Manage Terminal IS infrastructure.
- Maintain Terminal infrastructure, including local network, servers and workstations in accordance with APM Terminals policy and standards, including applicable security rules.
- Ensure that Terminal infrastructure will support implementation and deployment of each APM Terminals global application, by proactively complying with project specific instructions and guidelines, in addition to the APM Terminals policy and standards.
- Contribute in the management team and together with the management team drive the strategic initiatives that will prepare the terminal for the future.
- Reinforce APM Terminals group culture, values & reputation & ensure compliance with APMT policies.
- A wide range of national and international career opportunities.
- Opportunities for professional growth in a dynamic environment.
Application Closing Date
Deadline: 18th October, 2017.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online