Ona Ara Hospital, an arm of Agugu Central Hospital, is a leading medical centre for providing affordable and qualitative healthcare services to Ibadan residents and environs.
We seeks applications from competent, experienced and dedicated individual, to fill the position below:
Job Title: HMO Officer/Hospital Administrator
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Plan and oversee health services, coordination of health workers, manage NHIS/HMO quality initiatives, coordination of meetings and presentations for all departments and units within the hospital. Supervising daily administrative operations, monitoring expenses and suggesting cost-effective solutions, creating quarterly and annual budgets
Work with established teams to develop new health insurance services and concepts, carry out HMO registration and mapping, carry out Hospital registration renewal and accreditation with HMO and relevant government agency, vetting of fee for service bills, and resolve grievances arising in the course of care, the medical/quality assurance reports and other duties that is assigned from time to time by the Chief Medical Director.
- Minimum of First Degree (HND/B.Sc) or its equivalent in Health or Science related field.
- Certification in or professional membership of health, management or related bodies
- Knowledge of statistical/epidemiological tools such as SPSS, Ms Power point
- Minimum of 5 years experience post NYSC in relevant and related position.
- Attendance of related Courses/ workshops/seminars etc
- HMO Experience is required
- Knowledge of the operations of the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS)
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Good communication/presentation skills (both oral and written)
- Must be a team player, able to build and maintain effective and collaborative network
- Must be able to take responsibility and demonstrate high level of integrity in dealing with all stakeholders.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required.
- Attention to detail
- Professional development through participation in continuing education and professional Organizations.
- Conversant with the HMO processes and Maintenance
- Must also be good in Coordination, Listening, Scheduling and Teamwork
- Must possess good administrative skills
- Superior problem solving skills
- Ability to explain detailed instructions articulately and clearly
- Ability to analyze Information promptly
- Exceptional customer services skills
- Proficient in relevant computer applications
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Interact with HMO community.
- Explain benefits, eligibility status, enrollment processing procedures and status of authorizations and referrals to patients/clients.
- Conduct outreach calls as assigned to proactively educate associations, unions and members of the public on services available
- Process complaints, following established guidelines.
- Maintain knowledge of National guidelines, regulations, and departmental policies and practices and maintain accurate documentation for compliance.
- Develop and implement effective policies for all operational procedures
- Prepare work schedules
- Maintain organized medical and employee records
- Monitor administrative staff’s performance
- Train new employees
- Ensure prompt ordering and stocking of medical and office supplies.
- Resolve potential issues with patients.
Deadline: 3rd January, 2018
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and Curriculum Vitae via Email as an attachment to: email@example.com Using the “Job Title” as subject of your email/letter.
Submit in person at:
Ona Ara Hospital,
Plot 29, Olorungbeja Street,
Olorunsogo – Olunloyo Road,
Off Lagos Ibadan Express Road,
Note: Only shortlisted applicants would be invited for test/interview.