The project is seeking for the services of a seasoned professional to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Position: M&E Specialist
Reports to: SI Lead
Open to: All interested Applicants
Work Hours: Full-time 40 hours/week
- The HITSystem© has been designed by GHI to improve prevention of mother-to-child transmission (PMTCT) and early infant diagnosis (EID) outcomes.
- The HITSystem plays a comprehensive role in improving the health outcomes of women and children affected by HIV/AIDS.
- The HITSystem is an innovative online system that facilitates improved communication between clinics, laboratories, and mothers to ultimately improve care for HIV-exposed infants.
- Every step of the EID cascade is monitored by the HITSystem to ensure appropriate service at the right infant age to maximize prevention and treatment outcomes, and targets excessive time lags for laboratory test results.
- This is a unique opportunity for a committed, creative professional that is passionate about making a lasting difference in the fight against HIV/AIDS.
Minimum Education/Training Requirement
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study; including M&E, public health, epidemiology, etc.
Prior Work Experience:
- At least 5 years of M&E experience in international public health, particularly HIV/AIDS and a combination of relevant trainings.
Knowledge and skills:
- Proficient in use of MS Excel, MS Access and MS Word
- Experience in designing M&E frameworks
- Ability to work on a team and independently
- Ability to communicate and coordinate effectively with key stakeholders, including GHI partners, clinical staff, and local officials to ensure effective collaboration
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex programs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English.
- Candidates must be resident or ready to relocate to Abuja.
- Designing an integrated M&E framework to track the progress of PMTCT and EID outcomes and to identify challenges.
- Oversight and monitoring of HITSystem alerts, i.e. delayed testing, delayed initiation on ART, and retesting alerts.
- Carrying out monthly quality assurance checks to ensure that entries are clean and those that are incorrect are corrected immediately/on a monthly basis.
- Generating monthly and quarterly reports on PMTCT and EID outcomes for quality assurance.
- Visiting facilities with technical challenges of data entry to provide onsite technical support.
- Serving as liaison between GHI head office and HJFMRI staff.
Deadline: 28th December, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV’s to “The Human Resources Manager (HIFASS)” via: firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title as the subject of the mail.
- Kindly attach additional certificates that support or address the requirements listed for the position in together in one PDF format.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.