Bosch has been present in Africa since 1906, at present in ten African countries: South Africa, Egypt, Morocco, Kenya, Angola, Mozambique, Algeria, Nigeria, Ghana and Tunisia. Depending on future business development, the company plans to increase this number in the next years. All four Bosch business sectors – Mobility Solutions, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods, and Energy and Building Technology – have operations on the continent.
Job Title: Business Development Engineer
1. To gather a clear understanding of the operating environment applicable to the area of responsibility
- · Research all applicable industries, relevant to the Hytec and Bosch Rexroth product range.
- · Establish who the main competitors are in the applicable industries, including, pricing and service levels.
2 . Maintain an up to date knowledge of the product range.
- · Subscribe and complete internal Hytec and Bosch Rexroth training modules.
- · Attend and participate in industry forums and shows.
3. To promote Hytec and Rexroth product range and value proposition :
- · Identification of qualified clients.
- Determine the call objective / need
- · Set up of the relevant meeting, making use of all the communication channels available.
- · Plan client visits weekly in advance.
- · Perform planned and cold call meetings.
4. Breakdowns, installations, fault finding and standby.
- · Support the customer at their premises to identify faults and propose solutions.
- · Arrange advise on installation.
- · Ensure work is completed to the customer’s satisfaction.
- · Be available when customers require additonal service