Sightsavers is an international organisation that changes lives for the long term. We work in more than 30 countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and support people with visual impairments to live independently.We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Officer – (NTD-DFID UNITED Programme)
Job Type: 12 months fixed term contract
- The successful candidate will be a member of the DFID supported Zamfara State NTDs programme management team and will report to the State NTD, Lead Person
- The Officer will provide general coordination to the programme management team and serve as the programme implementation manager in Zamfara State.
- Support the Zamfara State NTD Lead Person to provide effective management, coordination, and technical advice to the programme
- Coordinate contract implementation in the state and ensure adherence to work plans and budgets for the achievement of planned project outputs
- Coordinate the preparation of quarterly and annual reports
- Coordinate capacity building initiatives
- Support the state and LGAs programme teams
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Support the Zamfara State NTD Lead Person in monitoring programme implementation in the state
- Responsible for guiding the overall Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) strategy, managing the interventions and use of M&E methodology to meet proposed goals.
Representation and Networking:
- Represent the programme office on monitoring and evaluation issues and ensuring all NTDs data is updated and shared with relevant agencies
- Assist the state programme team to identify opportunities for operational research.
- The ideal candidate will possess a First Degree in Biological Sciences, Public Health and other related disciplines from a reputable institution. A Master’s Degree would be an advantage
- Technical knowledge of one or more of the five leading NTDs, and experience in monitoring and evaluation would be an added advantage with a minimum of 5-6 years working experience, ideally in an INGO setting.
Job Title: Driver/Administrative Assistant
Job Type: 12 months fixed term contractJob Description
- Sightsavers has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Driver/Administrative Assistant to provide support to the Nigeria office.
- You will be required to drive staff in the office as well as visiting Sightsavers staff and consultants when necessary and to ensure the maintenance and safety of all office vehicles at all times and to perform clerical duties in support of the efficient running of the office
- The role also provides day-to-day administrative support including transacting business with the banks on foreign currencies, liaise with officials of immigration and embassies for staff entry visas and renewal of passports and work permits, assisting in picking up invoices for procuring logistics and payment of statutory obligations, assisting with organisation of various office events, undertaking photocopying, scanning and filling, monitoring electricity/generators usage arid other admin duties.
- The ideal candidate will have a Basic Education Certificate (BECE) BEPC, Trade Test certificate
- 3-5 years driving experience and experience with working with NGOs
- The ideal candidate should have good command of spoken English/French (as appropriate)
- Candidates with an understanding of equality of opportunity for disabled people would be of particular interest.
Job Title: Senior Programme Manager – Eye Health
Job Type: 24 months fixed term contractResponsibilities
- The Senior Programme Manager-Eye Health is responsible for programmatic management and implementation & the Eye Health programme in Nigeria focussing initially on Childhood Blindness in Kaduna, Sokoto and Zamfara States, and then expand to support review of Sightsavers previously supported eye health programmes in Nigeria with the long term plan of developing a wider eye health programme to cover a number of states in Nigeria.
- The responsibilities will also include coordination and delivery of project targets which entails sensitisation, health promotion, advocate for eye health policy integration into school health policy/programme, training, low vision and refraction, referrals and surgeries
- In addition, he/she should be able to identify and contribute to project growth and development (scalability) in collaboration with partners and colleagues
- He/She will provide technical support for the review of the previous eye health project in Nigeria.
- Participate in strategic planning processes to successfully drive the direction and delivery of cost-effective eye health services
- Provide effective management, coordination and technical advice to ensure the implementation of eye health services with special focus on childhood blindness.
- In collaboration with key stakeholders, lead the development of country level action and implementation plans for eye health with special focus on childhood blindness, development of an eye health plan for Nigeria and other strategic plans as agreed with Sightsavers Global Technical Lead, Eye Health and Country Director.
- Provide effective management, coordination, technical advice and resource allocation necessary to support eye health in Nigeria
- Identify, develop and evaluate new approaches and tools for programme implementation,
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Lead on supporting implementing partners in developing a system for management information system, monitoring and evaluating programme performance.
- Provide direction and support to assist country research teams and help them to identify operational research opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of eye health delivery in Nigeria.
Advocacy and Strategic Alliances:
- Build and maintain meaningful working relationships with a variety of partners and other stakeholders at national and international level in order to strengthen opportunities for advocacy and higher visibility.
- Represent Sightsavers at appropriate national/regional/global fora
- Ensure programme information flow is maintained across the Sightsavers’ country teams and directorates, the various partners-federal and states’ Ministries of Health, tertiary institutions and other key partners.
- Provide assistance in identifying possible funding sources to support programme delivery and work with Sightsavers fund raising teams, other colleagues and partners to secure those funds.
- Assist project teams and various partners – federal and states’ Ministries of Health and tertiary institutions in disseminating information on eye health activities, studies, research and lessons learned at national and international level.
- Work in close collaboration with key Sightsavers colleagues and project partners to ensure that projects conduct research and publish findings in international peer review publication.
- Degree in Medicine, preferably an Ophthalmologist or Postgraduate Degree in Public Health, Sciences or related disciplines
- Minimum of 5 years of Programme/Project management, ideally in an INGO environment
- Significant experience of strategic programme development.
- Technical knowledge on eye health in Nigeria.
- Experience of managing an eye care programme in Africa, ideally in an international context
- A demonstrated record of accomplishment in developing and managing public health programmes.
- Understanding of the health system in Nigeria
- Experience of advocacy
- Experience of monitoring and evaluation and research
- Experience of logistics and supply chain management.
- Local Terms & Conditions apply
Deadline: 9th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please download and return the completed “Application Form” and “Equal Opportunities Form” as two separate documents to: email@example.com
Click here to download the Application Form (Ms Word)
Click here to download the Equal Opportunities Form (Ms Word)
Note: As an equal opportunities employer we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.