The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 30 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications and Reporting Specialist
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract type: Expatriate contract
- Danish Refugee Council, one of the world’s leading humanitarian NGOs, is currently looking for a highly qualified Communications and Reporting Specialist to take the lead on ensuring internal and external reporting requirements are coordinated and develop creative approaches to communicating the fantastic results and achievements of the DRC-DDG Nigeria country programme.
About the Job
- DRC-DDG Nigeria is seeking a Communications and Reporting Specialist is responsible to ensure that all information and data collected from the field is compiled, documented, analysed and reported in a results-based and timely manner for DRC-DDG Nigeria internal purposes and as per donor requirements.
- The Communication and Reporting Specialist is also responsible to develop high-quality communication products, highlighting DRC-DDG Nigeria programme activities for external audiences.
- To be successful in this role we expect you to have at least 2-3 years of professional experience working with humanitarian / development organisations with responsibilities for reporting and/or communications.
- You should have a demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively with a multicultural staff team to achieve results in your areas of responsibility.
- All employees should master DRC’s core competencies: Communicating, Taking the lead, Collaborating, Striving for excellence and Demonstrating integrity.
Duties and Responsibilities
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Under the direction of the PDQM and in coordination with programme sector managers and the M&E Manager, ensure timely compilation of programme and project data to meet internal, donor, and sector coordination reporting requirements by deadline;
- Ensure templates and processes are fit for purpose to collect relevant quantitative and qualitative information required for reporting to a range of stakeholders;
- Conduct capacity building with programme and support unit staff to ensure reporting requirements and toolkits are used effectively;
- Provide editing and quality assurance of all internal and external reports for review by the PDQM prior to dissemination;
- Under the direction of the PDQM, develop, implement, and monitor a communication and visibility plan to facilitate better understanding among partners, donors, beneficiaries and host communities, media, the general public, and government stakeholders about DRC-DDG as an organisation and programme achievements and progress;
- Act as the focal point for collecting and compiling information to produce external communication products promoting the contribution of DRC-DDG Nigeria to the crisis response, ensuring protection principles and standards are adhered to in all products disseminated publicly;
- Undertake field visits to produce creative and engaging communications products to raise awareness of the crisis in northeast Nigeria and the humanitarian response efforts of DRC-DDG;
- Provide high-quality editing of text and visual materials and products to the standard required for public dissemination;
- Maintain and update DRC-DDG Nigeria country profile documents, fact sheets, and presentations for external audiences;
- Ensure all DRC-DDG and donor visibility requirements and communications commitments are implemented.
RequiredMoreover, we also expect the following:
- University Degree in a relevant field such as Social Sciences, Development Studies, Journalism, Communications or similar;
- Highly developed skills and demonstrated capacity in editing of written and audio-visual reporting and communication products to the quality required for submission and dissemination to external audiences;
- Advanced computer literacy in publishing and design software (Office suite, Adobe, InDesign, etc), evidenced by a portfolio of communications products produced by the candidate;
- Demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively in a multi-cultural environment with competing priorities, tight deadlines, and in a complex emergency context;
- Ability to live and work in an insecure and high stress environment.
- Certification or equivalent professional experience in graphic design, publishing, or similar;
- English – fluent with capacity to produce high-quality written products for formal reporting and public communication purposes;
- Knowledge of relevant sectoral areas implemented by DRC-DDG Nigeria programmes – including protection, food security, WASH, shelter, NFIs, mine action, mine risk education, and armed violence reduction;
- Hausa and other languages used in northeast Nigeria an asset, but not essential to the position
- Contract length: 6 months with the possibility to extend based on performance and funding availability
- Level: A16
- Designation of Duty Station: Unaccompanied/non-family duty station
- Start date: ASAP
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates;
Deadline: 9th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified canidates should:
Click here to apply online