Flexedge Limited – Our client, a reputable Non-Governmental Organization, seeks to recruit a suitable and qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fundraising Officer
Location: Ikeja, Lagos Nigeria
- Strategize and device credible methods of soliciting and securing funds, donations and sponsorship from individual, business/corporate, or government donors
- Organize activities and events to raise funds or otherwise solicit and gather monetary donations or other gifts for the NGO
Skills / Competence Requirements
- Driven, ambitious, confident and tenacious
- High Energy level
- Amiable personality
- Exceptional selling skills
- Good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Networking and social skills
- Smart and intelligent with eyes for details
- First Degree in Social Science or related discipline.
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft suite – MS Excel, Word, Power Point
- Proficiency with social media skills
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience with an NGO is a MUST
- create design and produce promotional materials
- Identify and build relationships with potential donors.
- Solicit and secure donations or sponsorship commitments from individual, business/corporate, or government donors.
- Raise awareness of the NGO’s work, goals, and financial needs.
- Design or produce materials such as posters, Web sites, or newsletters to promote donations of funds.
- Write speeches, press releases, or other promotional materials to increase awareness of the causes, missions, or goals of the NGO.
- Conduct research to identify the goals, net worth, history of charitable donations, or other data related to potential donors, potential investors, or general donor markets.
- Write reports or prepare presentations on strategies and funds raised to management
- Develop strategies to encourage new or increased contributions
- Recruit sponsors, participants, or volunteers for fundraising events
- Direct or supervise fundraising staff, including volunteer staff members
- Create and update donor and media contact list / databases.
- Monitor budgets, expense reports, or other financial data for the NGO.
- Attend community events, meetings, or conferences to promote the NGO’s goals or solicit donations or sponsorships.
- Contact corporate representatives, government officials, or community leaders to increase awareness of NGO causes, activities, or needs.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Fundraising Officer” as the subject of the mail
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 2pm; 19th January, 2018