Business & Finance Consulting (BFC), a Swiss-based leading development finance consulting boutique with a global footprint in over 60 countries, invites applications from suitable qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Digital Financial Services Consultant (Africa)
Location: Nationwide, relocation to African countries might be required (country is to be determined)
Duration: project-based (full-time employment is possible)
- Candidates with experience in agricultural and value chain finance in Financial Institutions and/or Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) in Africa.
- At least 5 years of experience in working directly with Financial Institutions, Mobile Network Operators or similar in digital financial services.
- At least 5 years of experience in implementing mobile financial services solutions in developing markets.
- At least 8 years of project management experience.
- Knowledge of the regional specifics of West Africa, Central Africa, East Africa and Southern Africa. Experience in at least one of these regions is required.
- Proven skills in the following areas: research, developing client relationships, outlining value propositions to clients, and establishing credibility among senior clients.
- Experience in working with DFS providers and a range of key stakeholders including the private sector, government and international donors.
- Exceptional relationship and inter-personal skills.
- Excellent English and French language skills required (oral and written); knowledge of Portuguese language is an asset.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- A can-do and collaborative mind-set and hands-on personality – comfortable with the ambiguities and demands of a rapidly evolving environment.
- Self-starter, problem solver and result oriented, able to work under little supervision and under tight deadlines.
- Work with the DFS provider to align implementation of deliverables agreed between the institution and partner(s).
- Develop and review technical documents (agency banking strategy, financial model, BTL marketing plan, evaluation reports etc.) and provide support in the dissemination of documents.
- Track project performance indicators against the monitoring and evaluation plan, including through collection of data from the Mobile Financial Service provider and other sources. Support project financial management (budget expenditures vs. budget allocation).
- Support the process of recruiting and provide oversight of firms that will provide outsourced services (BTL marketing, agent awards management).
- Monitor updates and perform analysis on regulatory and market developments, and main industry trends. Produce a monthly report on industry developments, new products launch, and new communication/promotion campaigns.
- Identify potential opportunities in mobile financial services for partner(s) and the Mobile Financial Service provider.
- Assist the program management in any other duties that may be required and provide continuous reporting.
Deadline: 28th February, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Applications are analysed on a rolling basis. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.