Job for Pastry Chef at Lilygate Hotel
Lilygate Hotel located in the heart of Lekki Phase 1 is a new luxurious four star hotel with 74 rooms including 6 suites and a full range of facilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pastry Chef
Reports To: Executive Chef / Sous Chef
- As a Pastry Chef, you are responsible for operating the pastry section of the kitchen while working closely with the Executive Chef and Sous Chef. A Pastry Chef will also be required to plan production and develop seasonal offerings.
- Responsible to create high quality pastry dishes with the standard recipes and presentations in order to maintain quality standards and consistency of product. Also assist in production and maintenance of par stocks of pastry and dessert with proper rotation of products and maintain highest cleanliness and hygiene standard in the pastry and bakery section.
- Good knowledge of different types of pastry, dessert, cake decorating.
- Posses professional disposition with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends, days, afternoons and evenings.
- Positive attitude and Good communication skills.
- High School Diploma or 3 years’ experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area or 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in pastry cooking or Pastry Chef Experience with high volume food production.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages all day-to-day operations of the pastry and bakery section of the kitchen.
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes.
- Able to produce all baked goods including but not limited to artisan breads and rolls, muffins, laminated Danish, laminated croissants and doughnuts etc.
- Able to develop, designs, or creates new ideas and items for Pastry Kitchen.
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew hotels menus and engage the interest of customers
- Ensure excellent quality throughout the dessert offerings.
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
- Decorate pastries and desserts using different types of icings, toppings etc. and ensure the food presentation will be beautiful and exciting.
- Coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Supervise and coordinate all pastry and dessert preparation and presentation.
- Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders within budget.
- Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking.
- Report all equipment problems and maintenance issues, known safety hazards, or unsafe practices and procedures to supervisor immediately.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Must possess a positive attitude and have the ability to work with a variety of people and in cooperation with co-workers efficiently and effectively
- Able to recognize superior quality products, presentations and flavors.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization in all work areas.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Ensure compliance with food hygiene and Health and Safety standards.
- Guide and motivate pastry assistants and bakers to work more efficiently.
- Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards.
- Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met for Pastry Team.
Deadline: 26th January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Applications and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org