Oolu is the fastest growing off-grid solar company West Africa. Our Vision is to be the pre-eminent energy and financial service provider to millions of customers in the developing world. Our model, developed with local communities, allows us to reach off-grid households in rural villages offering them modern energy access. With a monthly payment model reducing barriers to access, as well as maintenance, parts and battery replacements included in our service, we save our clients money and assure them a continuous, dependable source of energy. In Wolof, a national language of Senegal, Oolu means ‘trust’. By building trust with the communities in which we work, we can grow together.
Job Title: Business Developer (Operations Focus)
Activities and responsibilities:
- Launch and lead all Oolu activities in a new market: The business developer is highly operations focused and will launch and lead the pilot project in a new market, conduct all m&e activities, determine regional and sub-regional pricing models; build the team to scale, and ensure results oriented reporting to the board;
- Build and strengthen strategic partnerships through active networking, advocacy and effective communication of competencies in project service delivery and management to develop opportunities and engagements with new partners;
- Perform other duties as required and requested within the framework of his/her responsibilities or as assigned by the Executive Team;
- We’re looking for someone with at least 3 years of experience in an international business environment which includes leading roles in business development, stakeholder management, communication, marketing, sales and/or finance or other relevant area.
- Support the Executive team with business strategy formulation for a new market;
- Work closely with technical personnel to determine new project modalities and optimal project implementation solutions;
- Manage a large team and put in place strategies to ensure success in a new market;
- Identify, design, and negotiate new project and partnership opportunities;
- Draft agreements and/or contractual documents for the executive team which are required for signature and implementation of new projects;
- Push forward relevant institutional partnerships;
- Applicants must have previous experience working in operations-focused business development role where they helped scale a startup and/or be a passionate entrepreneur with a proven track record of business success;
- Previous experience in logistics and/or experience scaling operations for a leading distribution company in Africa is an asset;
- Previous experience in rural regions is desirable;
- Previous experience in recruiting, training, finding talent, and HR is an asset
- The applicant must speak fluent English;
- If the Applicant is not from the target country, the Applicant must be willing to relocate, all relocation fees will be the responsibility of the Applicant;
- The Applicant must have a valid passport before onboarding;
- If you are an innovative problem solver, have good managerial skills and have a “go-getter” attitude, we want you to apply!