Ekiti State University Ado Ekiti, hereby announces that the position of Bursar will be vacant from 16th May, 2018. Applications are hereby invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Bursar
- Candidates must possess a good honors Degree in Accounting or related discipline plus membership of any of the following recognized Professional Accounting bodies namely: ACA, ACCA. ICAN, CPA, ACMA and ANAN.
- The candidate should have at least fifteen (15) years post honors degree experience in a University or comparable institution.
- Possession of Masters Degree and a good working knowledge of appropriate computer packages will be an advantage.
- The Bursar is the Chief Financial Adviser of the University and he is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day to day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- Among others, he has the responsibility to:
- Advising en the general financial policy of the University
- Preparing annual estimate of income and expenditure
- Monitoring of income and expenditure in relation to budget and presenting report to the Vice-Chancellor
- Keeping the accounts of the University and preparing statement of financial activities and balance sheets
- Maintaining cash flow project for the current and future years.
- Advising on financial investment of the University administering pension scheme for teaching and non-teaching staff
- Scrutinizing and passing for payment all invoices
- Organizing special appeals for capital project and endowment funds
- Keeping analysis ofcost and other statistical records
- Advising on taxation methods
Terms of Appointment
- Appointment is for a period of five years effective from the date of appointment.
- The salary is as applicable to similar position in Federal Universities in Nigeria.
Deadline: 21st February, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit thirty five (35) copies of their application accompanied by a vision and mission statement for the development of the University Bursary of not more than one thousand (1,000) words.
Among others, candidates Curriculum Vitae should give the following details:
- Full Name
- Place and Date of Birth
- Home Town
- LGA of Origin
- State of Origin
- Marital Status
- Name and Ages of Children (if any)
- Permanent Contact Address
- E-mail Address
- Call Phone Number
- Educational Background/Membership of Professional Association
- Statement of Experience including details of former and present posts clearly indication career progression.
- List of Publications (if any)
- Other activities current employment
- The names and addresses of three referees and
- Proposed date of availability for duties if appointed
Applications (35 copies) should be enclosed in an envelope marked ‘Bursar’ at the top left hand corner and be addressed and submitted to the office of:
Ekiti State University,
Ado Ekiti, Ekiti State,
The submission of the hard copies must be accompanied with a soft copy of the application sent to: email@example.com