Procurement Logistics Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH)
Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Sexual and Reproductive Health, Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria etc. We offer professionals opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration. We seek applications from qualified persons for the following positions in the organization for Global Fund 18-months extension period of the TB/HIV grant.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Logistics Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Duration: One year and six months (renewable.)
The Procurement Logistics M & E Officer shall, under the supervision of the PSM Specialist, and in collaboration with other PSM staff, carry out the following activities (Specific Responsibilities):
- The design and implementation of Logistics Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) for PSM ARFH.
- Ensure that the quality of program/project Monitoring and Enhanced Evaluation in the sites is of international standard and quality by supporting the development and implementation of appropriate mechanisms to ensure quality.
- Build capacity of Zonal officers and Program staff and use program/project monitoring data to advise the PSM Specialist on innovative approaches to problem solving and gap filling.
- Actively seeks and brokers collaborative opportunities by communicating regularly with in-country partners to develop new research ideas, utilize research results, and scale-up promising programs.
- Provide technical assistance to stakeholders in the design of projects, protocols, manuals and data collection forms with respect to PSM areas.
- Provide technical support in evaluation and operational research (including sampling strategies, analysis and presentation of data) to the IPs, PR and donor agencies
- Remain informed of current issues regarding Monitoring and Evaluation of programs in the HIV/AIDS/TB/Malaria fields by review of current literature; is alert to any implication of such research for project and program activities.
- Reviews and Updates all electronic Tools along with the PSM Specialist
- Report directly to the PSM Specialist on all PSM needs and takes directive from the unit head on additional/emerging roles
- The officer will provide technical support for PSM M&E as well as guidance on program monitoring and evaluation with compliance to the Nigeria Government reporting formats and requirements.
- He or she will provide support to the Program on all PSM data issues
- The officer will be responsible for interacting with Zonal Officers and State officers on PSM periodic reports and other data needs whenever required.
- Work with IPs, PRs to develop their project monitoring and evaluation plans and support the correct implementation and use of routine data collection tools.
- Ensure that data is used to highlight important programmatic gaps and coordinate with program management and others in addressing these gaps.
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to project sites, including the conduct of data verification and validation and data quality assessments (DQAs) using standard checklists.
- Support in the preparation of bi-monthly/quarterly National reports and provide supportive supervision.
- Minimum qualification is Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy. Professional certifications from relevant professional bodies in supply chain management, procurement, contracting or logistics are also essential. Master’s degree in Management sciences and /or Public Health will be an added advantage.
- Candidates must have at least 5 years professional experience in procurement and supply chain preferably in procurement and supply chain management environment and Logistics Management Information System.
- Specific experience in drug logistics across many states and sites in Nigeria and coordination platforms at LG, State, Zonal and National levels, in malaria, HIV/AIDS, or TB programmes is very essential.
- Successful candidates must have extensive knowledge of Nigeria public health sectors with strong analytical and problem solving/team work skills as well as reporting skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of analytical logistics and inventory management techniques including use of modern tools to track performance of logistics companies, temperature logger and digital delivery note are also essential.
- Sound knowledge of audit process of different types of TB drugs and storage management is highly essential.
- Familiarity with 3rd Party Logistics system will be very useful.
- Familiarity with government & international donor agencies regulations and requirements with proficiency in knowledge of relevant Supply Management Software (Pick & Pack etc.), Microsoft office package such as excel, access, word, and PowerPoint is compulsory.
- Good understanding of Nigerian drugs regulations is essential.
- Applicant’s experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
Deadline: 18th January, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in only one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job to: email@example.com Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees.
- Candidates must also provide functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of the referees.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).