Marketing Executive Vacancy in a Start-up Wine and Beverage Company
Hamilton Lloyd and Associates – Our client, is a Start-up Wine and Beverage Company, with affiliations to the UK. As part of the set-up of the Nigeria office, they are looking to hire a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marketing Executive
- The Marketing Executive shall perform sales and marketing tasks with the overall objective of improving product sales
- He/she will work in conjunction with other sales and marketing staff to increase the market share of company’s products, therefore increasing overall profit
- The incumbent will promote the company’s brand within the marketplace to improve brand recognition and brand equity
- They will work at all levels of the distribution chain, including retail, distribution and consumer level.
Develop and implement sales strategies:
- Develop sales strategies for each brand that the product. They will then work with the sales team to ensure that these strategies are correctly implemented
- They will help to achieve the expected goals for each strategy including sales targets, customer service levels, and overall profits.
Update clients on new product launches:
- Should the company launch a new product, it is the responsibility of the Marketing executive to ensure customers know about it. They will promote the new product in a way that maximises exposure for the brand.
Create an annual sales plan:
- The annual sales plan will deliver an overview of how and when products will be promoted in the market. The plan will detail key objectives and explain how brand sales strategies will meet them.
Identify new clients for the products:
- Research the market to discover new clients who may be interested in the products that the company produces. Then, working in conjunction with the sales and marketing team, they will develop a plan for approaching those potential new clients.
Conduct staff training programs:
- Product training programs are an important part of the Marketing executive’s position. They will pass on their extensive knowledge about the company’s products to the staff in training seminars.
Organize Product deliveries for special events:
- Occasionally run promotional events for the company
- They must organise the delivery of these products and ensure that the company is well represented at the event.
Keep the sales team informed about changes to products:
- Responsible for ensuring the rest of the sales team understand the current products which the company is selling. Because wines change with each vintage, the Marketing executive will have to update staff on the qualities of the most recent products.
Analyse market trends and identify opportunities:
- Use their vast knowledge of the industry to identify new sales opportunities for the company. That may be a new product line which matches consumer preferences or a new advertising campaign to reach a certain demographic.
Help to develop marketing strategies:
- Work closely with the marketing manager to develop successful marketing strategies. Their knowledge of the market and customer demographic will be key to producing a successful campaign.
Implement marketing strategies:
- Once the marketing strategy has been developed, the Marketing executive works closely with both sales and marketing staff to implement it correctly
- This usually involves organising a promotional calendar, advertising campaign, and special events throughout the year.
Conduct Marketing analysis:
- Understand sales trends in the market and how the company’s current products are performing, given those trends. The Marketing executive will create action plans based on their sales analysis.
Coordinate with the logistic team to ensure an adequate supply of product:
- Work in conjunction with the logistics team to ensure there is enough stock available to meet sales forecasts and special events.
Perform all Marketing with respect to applicable laws:
- Must be aware of liquor sales laws in the jurisdictions in which they are operating.
Be the face of the company at trade events:
- Shall represent the company at many trade events. Their knowledge of product and presentation of the brand must be of the highest standard.
- Provide support to consumers of the company’s products occasionally
Provide training to sales staff:
- Must pass on any successful sales or marketing techniques to other sales staff and encourage a culture of success.
- A Degree in Marketing, Sales, Business Administration or any related field
- Relevant qualification will be added advantage
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ work experience
- Must have at least 1 year of same industry experience
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Sales skills and the ability to influence people
- A people person who can build strong relationships with people in the industry
- Good at leading a team and working within a team
- Very strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good computer skills
- Analytical skills and ability to translate complex sales reports into meaningful business knowledge
- Passionate and knowledgeable about wine
Deadline: 19th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: email@example.com kindly make the subject of the mail the Job Title.
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.