Job for Finance Manager – Lake Chad Basin at International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO)
The International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO), is a global charity dedicated exclusively to issues of humanitarian safety and to the operation of NGO Safety Offices (NSO) in volatile or insecure contexts. INSO Nigeria aims to support safety awareness and safety management capabilities amongst NGOs within Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager – Lake Chad Basin
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- The Finance Manager work closely with the Director and has the responsibility to protect the financial health and integrity of the project with enforcing appropriate accounting and financial procedures and policies; providing timely an accurate financial data to enable project orientation, planning and decision; meeting the external reporting and audits requirements; orienting staff in financial management, audits and procedures compliance.
- Oversees financial record keeping; controls and reconciles the documentation, uploads the financial information in SUN.
- Meets external reporting deadlines; prepares budgets and reports with exactness and compliance; liaises with donors and HQ when necessary.
- Maintains healthy financial practices across the project; enforces finance working documents and trainings as needed to ensure staff adherence.
- Acts as a focal point during audits, enforces internal and external audit recommendations in a timely fashion.
- Reviews and authorises transactions within his/her threshold; and
- Manages the finance department, partakes in recruitment, orientation and training of staff with financial functions.
- Maintains a secure filing system of the financial documentation.
- Gives a clear picture of the financial position of the project with reports on donors’ budget adherence or budget variances.
- Maintains an adequate project cash flow, prepares cash requests and follows donors’ disbursements.
- At least 5 years of experience in similar position within NGO sector.
- Professional accountancy qualification or Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Management or Economics.
- Proficient in the use of accounting software systems (preferably SUNSYSTEM), Q&A reporting tool and excel.
- Fluent in English and French (both written and spoken).
- Donor/contract management experience and donor policy knowledge (preferably ECHO, DFID, SDC and/or OFDA).
- Understanding of humanitarian principles and practices.
- Ability to process large amounts of data.
- Ability to handle multi donors and multiyear budgets.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to direct and supervise.
- Willingness to work in the Lake Chad Basin region.
Key Personal Competencies:
- Well organised and capable to deliver work in tight deadlines.
- Excellent analyst.
- People management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A good listener.
- An effective communicator.
- Team player.
- Capacity to work in a multicultural environment.
- Quiet demeanour in stressful or crisis situations.
Terms and Conditions
- 12-month contract with an expected **start date of 15 May 2018, €5,000 per month salary, 4 calendar days annual leave per month and 7 days of R&R every 3 months with a €1000 allowance per each R&R cycle, in-country housing provided, global medical coverage and AD&D coverage.
Deadline: 22nd April, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send the following documents below to: email@example.com and reference “INSO FM-LCB” in the subject line of the email.
Applications must contain the two (2) following documents:
- Cover Letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, any preferred characteristics, your motivation for applying, and what you hope to bring to INSO (1-page maximum).
- Updated CV (2 pages maximum).
- 3 to 4 position relevant map examples created by the applying candidate in the past.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please do not send any additional information (such as copies of certificates, copies of diplomas, other writing samples, etc.) and keep the total size of your application under 2MB if possible.