Vital Agro Alliance Farms Limited is a subsidiary of Torchmark Groups, a limited liability company registered and incorporated by the Corporate Affairs Commission CAC in 2015, to deliver services to clients in Real Estate, Gas and Energy, Agriculture, Hospitality Industry, Charity, Consulting, Home Refurbishing, Mining, Partnership Opportunities and promoting Brands…
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agronomist
Duties / Responsibilities
- Regular field checks
- Insect, weed & disease monitoring / diagnostics
- Soil moisture status monitoring
- Irrigation scheduling
- Ag chemical, fertilizer & seed recommendations
- Soil sampling Equipment calibration
- Crop rotation planning and hybrid/variety selection recommendations
- Solicit customers & increase acres and/or opportunities
- Precision Ag services (including GIS/GPS information)
- Detailed computerized field reports & permanent record keeping
- Crop budgeting & planning
- Provide personal consultation with customers as needed
- Educational / promotional presentations as needed
- Other duties as necessary.
- Education: HND, B.Sc or M.Sc in Agronomy, Plant Science or any Agricultural related courses.
- Experience: 3-7 years experience.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Proficient computer skills – Microsoft Office software, email, internet, spread sheets
- Good diagnostic and decision making skills
- Proven ability to effectively communicate – verbal & written skills
- Demonstrate skills in sales (our agronomists do not sell products – only quality service!)
- Ability to work independently and proceed with objectives without close supervision
- Desire to serve farmers and others involved in the agriculture industry
- Willingness to work as a team member
- Desire to remain updated with new agricultural trends and technology
- Self-motivation, willingness to learn and good work ethic
- Ability to work outside during heat of day & ability to walk several miles per day.
- Must be resident in Abuja.
Job Title: Plumbing/Electrical Technician
Location: LagosJob Description
- We are currently in search of “Plumbing/Electrical Technicians” with solid experience in the oil and gas industry to handle some of our key projects for our client.
- Handles facility inspection to discover the conditions of all electrical and plumbing systems.
- Ensures technical guidance and support in the installation and repairs of the facility plumbing systems and ensuring high standards.
- Handle the installation, repairs and maintenance of electrical, plumbing, water systems and also handle records/files and prepare reports.
- Work closes with facilities coordinator in conducting the condition assessment on mechanical and plumbing equipment per time or as required.
- Ensure that all assigned working tools are safely kept and maintained.
- Follow-up to ensure close-out of all user’s complaint on any electrical and plumbing system related issues.
- Certified in H0-L1v-Br
- OND, or HND or Trade Test I, II, & III or Equivalent qualification.
- Solid years of experience of handling plumbing and electrical systems in a facility.
- Good Problem solving skill.
- Communication Skill
- Physical fit.
- Can work in a team.
Job Title: Farm Manager
- B.Sc Agriculture, Agronomy, Crop Science or any related field and with a minimum of 10 year’s experience in Crop Farming and Greenhouse Management.
- Adequate knowledge of relevant Agriculture software
- Must have a strong analytical and decision making skills.
- Excellent farm management best practice skills to ensure profitability and steady growth of the business.
- Optimal knowledge of key performance areas related to agribusiness. These include soil management, disease control, seed and fertilizer and weed control.
- Outstanding maintenance culture of all farm equipment
- Sound managerial skills to manage human resources for optimal performance.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Must be resident in Abuja.
Highly attractive, based on experience.
Deadline:4pm, 18th July, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes and Cover Letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org