MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager, Cloud
Reporting Line: Chief Technical Officer
Job Type: Permanent
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
- Possession of an MBA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of relevant experience in technology roles, with at least eight (8) years’ experience in Product management, technical product development or Operations management.
Demand on the Job:
- Familiarity with Public & Private Clouds, IaaS, PaaS and SaaS including AWS, Azure and managed services; Azure or AWS based Cloud Architecture and migration skills and experience.
- Proven technical experience in the field of cloud services; hands on experience in creating and deploying complex cloud infrastructure solutions in small and large environments
- Evidence of successful product launch and full lifecycle management.
- Evidence of total ownership of a product, supporting the supply chain in the company – engineering, operations, profit and loss as a product owner.
- Ability to comprehend, develop and effectively execute business plans and opportunity analysis.
- Demonstrated ability, determination and tenacity to move major initiatives forward and drive focus while consistently thinking of the bottom-line impact of the efforts.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business documents (terms and conditions, technical procedures, etc.)
- Ability to track/manage product P&L once launched
- Ability to manage day to day Cloud and managed services operations and ensure effective project management and customer delivery.
- Knowledge of OEM technologies required to deliver Infrastructure as a service including Dell, EMC, HP, Microsoft Azure, VMWare, Firewalls, Load balancers, Storage solutions etc.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills (at C Level)
- Highly organized with great attention to detail.
- High level of Integrity and professionalism, especially in dealing with confidential information.
- Time and priority management skills.
- People management and negotiation skills.
- Superior analytical skills.
- The General Manager, Cloud Services will have overall technical and business responsibility for Cloud and Managed Services within MainOne.
- He or she will have responsibility for the development and ownership of the portfolio of services in these areas, to achieve revenue growth and profitability objectives.
- He or she will also work directly with customers, vendors and the technical teams to ensure that these targets are met.
Other Responsibilities include:
- Develop a long term vision for cloud services and managed services.
- Work with cross-functional teams to lead the development and management of new of Cloud and Managed services.
- Formulate strategies for delivering on the overall Cloud business objectives.
- Work with senior decision makers at a range of major clients, articulating the benefits of MainOne’s Managed Services.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of Cloud based solutions/services and customers’ business issues to drive innovation in these areas.
- Ensure that MainOne is suitably positioned, with appropriate skills, resources, and process to deliver a range of cloud services.
- Manage Cloud services revenue and business goals, manage the P & L and drive actions to rapidly accelerate growth and ensure profitability.
- Ensure the positioning of the company’s Cloud Infrastructure services to align with clients’ business needs.
- Gather technical, financial, market and other relevant information to create compelling products and services for the customer base, in line with company product roadmap.
- As required, share information with marketing leadership regarding business issues and industry information that could aid development of market-specific action plans and sales strategies.
- Support Marketing Team to develop and drive marketing campaigns and lead generation activities to maximize revenue contribution of the Cloud business to the company.
- Ensure a high level of post-sales satisfaction and facilitation of long term relationships and strong potential for repeat business.
- Prioritize activities according to revenue generation and corporate strategy to enable increased profitability.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online