Nexant Consulting Limited is a multi-disciplinary construction management and engineering consulting firm servicing a variety of industries and delivering infrastructure projects.
We are currently recruiting for one of our client, to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Head of Engineering
Reports To: Managing Partner
- Directs and coordinates the activities and all contracts of the engineering department, to ensure they are delivered to scope, budget, time and program by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
- Manages subordinate supervisors who supervise the employees in the Engineering Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, a Master of Science with a minimum of 20 years related work experience. Should be registered with an Engineering body, minimum COREN and NSE. Membership of any other relevant international engineering associations will be an advantage.
- 20 years hands-on experience in design of highway, highway structures and construction supervision.
- 20 years hands-on experience in Civil/Construction/Building/Structural Engineering.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Excellent entrepreneurial skill
- Strong organizational skill
- Strong people management and interpersonal skill
- Very skilled in networking
- Excellent reporting skill
- Should be able to pay attention to detail
- Time management skill.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of engineering design and construction systems
- In depth knowledge of the relevant engineering standards and codes of practice
- Strong knowledge of engineering processes
- Ability to read construction documents and specification manuals
- Exceptional leadership skill
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides direction and example for interpretation and application of Company’s policies and procedures to the engineering activities.
- Ensure quality of work done is consistent with Company’s values and standards.
- Ensure contractors meet agreed deadlines.
- Maintains a working knowledge of new technologies which may improve operations, and develops recommendations accordingly.
- Mange performance of subordinates and provide consistent feedback to all stakeholders
- Maintains a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Delegating work and responsibilities to the various units under the department.
- Provide monthly updates to all stake holders about the various activities of the engineering department.
- Analyzes technology trends, human resource needs, and market demand to plan projects.
- Confers with management and various departments to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, and customer demand for new and existing contracts.
- Forecasts operating costs of department and directs preparation of budget requests.
- Manage implementation of department budget effectively.
- Assist in procuring contracts.
- Advises management of new developments which may affect profit, schedule, costs, customer relations, and/or inter-departmental relations.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress.
- Understand duties and responsibilities has necessary technical skills, keeps job knowledge current, and is in command of critical issues.
- Professionalism – Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity.
- Teamwork – Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback.
- Delegation – Delegates work assignments and matches job responsibilities to employees.
- Leadership – Inspires and motivates others to perform well.
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com copy: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 31st July, 2018.