WACOT Limited is a part of TGI Group. Our business includes but are not limited to rice milling, soya milling, production of fertilizer and other agro-chemicals, sesame hulling which are exported to Asia and Europe, trade in grains such as maize, sorghum and groundnuts. We currently support the production of soya, rice, sesame, cotton, and maize as part of our out-growers initiative. WACOT has several MOU’s in place to aid its contribution to the fastest growing Nigerian sector- agriculture.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Senior Plant Breeder
Location: Funtua, Katsina
- As jobholder, you will be responsible for strengthening breeding program in WACOT seeds and contribute to releasing WACOT seed varieties.
- Manage support and train technical staff
- Coordinating with research institutes for varietal release process
- Conducting Field trials to assess germplasm
- Staff training on data collection and analysis
- Identifying desirable traits to improve seed through genetic variation
- Advance knowledge of plant breeding techniques
- Writing technical publication and reports
- Selecting parent plant for cross breeding
- Liaising with commercial plant breeders, scientists and funding bodies (IAR, IITA, NCRI)
- Monitor activities of competitors and setting product profile in the market
- Hybrid seed production in Maize, cotton and rice
- Setting up research trials data analysing and interpreting results
- Excellent ability in presenting scientific information and findings
- Budgeting and planning experience will be a plus.
- M.Sc in Plant Breeding or related Agricultural field
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in plant breeding in Maize and Rice crop
- Knowledge of seed varietal assessment trials