Supply Chain & Inventory Supervisor Job in a Reputable Optometric Sales Company
FlexEdge – Our client, a reputable optometric sales company, is recruiting a suitable, qualified and well experienced candidate, to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain & Inventory Supervisor (Permanent position)
- To effectively supervise and direct the activities of the department
- Devise ways to optimize inventory control procedures
- Reviews, Updates and Supervises techniques, personnel policies, and procedures by laying plans, for supply chain and Inventory management in accordance with new or changing environmental policies, standards, regulations, or laws.
- Reviews work performance and products to ensure compliance with established methods, practices, and procedures
- Proven experience as inventory manager or similar position
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Working knowledge of inventory management software (SAGE 50)
- Ability to accurately track inventory and create reports
- An analytical mind with strong math skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- B.Sc/BA in business administration. logistics or relevant field;
- Relevant qualifications (e.g. CPIM) will be a plus
Qualities and Skills Required:
- Knowledge of standard practices, procedures, and equipment used in the receipt, storage, requisitioning, and disbursement of supplies and materials.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions applicable to the work.
- Ability to instruct and supervise employees.
- Ability to maintain work schedules and uphold work standards.
Role / Responsibilities
- Maintains records, prepares reports, and composes correspondence relative to the work. Plans, organizes, directs, and controls the work activities of the company’s Store / Warehouse.
- Meet with suppliers to discuss performance metrics, to provide performance feedback, or to discuss production forecasts or changes
- Determines items and quantities of stock to be purchased and maintained.
- Collaborate with other departments to identify or qualify new suppliers
- Manage activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing, material requirements planning, inventory control, warehousing, or receiving.
- Inspects items as to quality and quantity against freight documents.
- Develop or implement procedures or systems to evaluate or select suppliers.
- Analyse information about supplier performance or procurement program success.
- Resolves discrepancies in requisitions, purchase orders, and delivery reports by contacting vendors or requesters.
- Estimates cost and assigns account codes to items purchased. Unpacks incoming goods and wraps and packs outgoing goods.
- Monitor and appraise vendor performance and manufacturing ability through various means and measurements
- Ensure constant physical stock check on items and forward such count information to the Accounts Department
- Plan, manage and coordinate all activities related to the sourcing and procurement of supplies
- Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, vendors, or freight forwarders.
- Occasionally perform any task assigned to subordinate staff, consistent with any licensing or certification requirements.
Deadline:16th July, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Supply Chain & Inventory Supervisor” as subject of the mail.