ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility, industry, and transport and infrastructure customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in roughly 100 countries and employs about 140,000 people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Specialist
Publication ID: NG65854145_E1
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Business Unit: Business Unit Power Generation
Job Function: Sales
- As a Sales Specialist, you will be a part of Industrial Automation division and Power Generation business unit based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- You will be responsible for identifying and cultivating defined customers. Driving the sales process from identified potential to the final sales deal.
- Establishing sales targets through actively meeting and working with customers.
Your main responsibilities in this role will include:
- Ensuring that market information (monitoring of competitors, offerings to customers, price levels) is updated and documented in written form in the provided systems locally and globally.
- Ensuring the flow of information to Local Business Unit Manager and Sales Manager about new entrants or other parameters influencing the market.
- Contributing to the identification and development of new and/or potential customers.
- Acting as marketer and sales person of ABB’s Sales and solutions when appropriate, for instance at trade fairs, exhibitions, conferences, customer meeting.
- Utilizing the available marketing material including price lists or other available information to identify leads.
- Translating the needs of the customer into the relevant ABB’ Service offering.
- Understanding the underlying needs of the customer and identify new business opportunities, as well as growing the business with existing customers.
- Extensive knowledge about the customer, understand the channel strategy and the establishment of prices related to this.
- Visiting customers to build a lead and opportunity pipeline.
- Ensuring that payments from the customer are received in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contract in order to avoid due payments.
- Ensuring that the sales proposals submitted are followed up and agreements are signed, and that they are in line with established requirements of the unit.
- Meeting the expected number of customer visits as established in the target setting with the Sales Manager.
- Running the negotiations with the customer and secure the business to the agreed margins, as well as ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction throughout the sales process.
- Contributing with the various risk assessments in order to ensure the proper balance between price and quality. Register needed information into the appropriate customer database.
- Monitoring sales proposals and tenders (e.g. quantity, margin, product/ system), and follow up statistics concerning sales proposals.
- Ensuring that the customer database is maintained updated with customer information, contact persons, businesses and activities.
- Ensuring that contracts are executed correctly and that deliveries (products, goods and/or services) are on time at the agreed cost, with the assistance of administrative sales support.
- Organizing and coordinating post-sales marketing activities in collaboration with other organizations in order to win added sales in addition to the offering sold.
- Ensuring that the customer is satisfied and that any customer complaints is registered in database.
- As the ideal candidate, you should have a Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in an Electrical Engineering field with 3- 5 years Industrial Sales experience.
- You should possess excellent skills in Customer relations, showing a mature selling behavior and actively driving the discussions and negotiations to the benefit of the business with customers.
- Good knowledge in contract and risk management. Fluency in spoken and written French and English languages
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- If you are interested to join our team, apply directly on website with your ENGLISH RESUME
- In case you have inquiries or face difficulties in applying, contact us at NG-Careers@abb.com
- No CVs allowed on e-mails.