Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN) is a fast growing Software company with a vision to build an enduring organization with an ecosystem of value creators- while delivering high impact technology solutions for emerging markets through a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Operations Manager
- The BOM would function at the SBU Level, working closely with the General Manager to lead a multi-disciplinary team to deliver technical business solutions for our clients.
- You will be responsible for contributing to the bottom line of the business’ revenue targets by ensuring efficient operations and effective execution of business strategy.
- Operations Management – Knowledge of the principles, methods, metrics or tools for operations management, service delivery, customer service and IT/product support
- Planning and Evaluating – Organizes work, sets priorities, and determines resource requirements; determines short- or long-term goals and strategies to achieve them; coordinates with other organizations or parts of the organization to accomplish goals; monitors progress and evaluates outcomes.
- Quality Assurance – Knowledge of the principles, methods, and tools of quality assurance and quality control used to ensure a product fulfills functional requirements and standards.
- Requirements Analysis – Knowledge of the principles and methods to identify, analyze, specify, design, and manage functional and infrastructure requirements; includes.
- Project Management – Knowledge of the principles, methods, or tools for developing, scheduling, coordinating, and managing projects and resources, including monitoring and inspecting costs, work, and contractor performance
- Business Process Reengineering – Knowledge of methods, metrics, tools, and techniques of Business Process Reengineering.
- Cost and Resources Management – Knowledge of the principles and methods of costs and resource management including the time value of money, present value concepts, and quantifying tangible and intangible benefits.
- Master’s degree or its equivalent.
- Led multi-disciplinary teams
- Delivered complex projects/programs taking it from concept to production
- Worked directly in a Business Operations role or supporting a Business Development/Sales/Account Management team to design and deliver solutions/services to clients
- Understanding and appreciation of the Software landscape.
- Project Management experience is a plus.
Skills & Abilities:
- Result driven
- Change Management Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Stakeholder Management
- Problem Solving
- Team Building.
- Leadership Skills
- Excellent Communicator
- Organizing and Planning
- Decision Making
- Financial Impact thinking
- Agility and Adaptability
Principal Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Drive SBU compliance to enterprise processes, procedures, policies cascaded from the group e.g. out of office, timesheet etc.
- Ensure organizational assets and tools (e.g. OneDrive, ERP, intranet etc.) are utilized.
- Ensures Standard Operational Processes and Procedures are adequate and can recommend areas of improvement.
- Drives continuous service improvement and operational standards e.g. Info security awareness, Health and safety standards etc.
- Should be mature enough to deputize or stand in for a business leader in his absence
- Responsible for the effective and efficient running of all revenue generating solutions.
- Tracks the performances of all SBU solutions and ensures all hindrances to performances are eliminated.
- Facilitates the provision and availability of resources required for the effective running of all solutions.
- Manage end to end back office operations.
- Provides oversight and support for operational execution across the BUs.
- Ensure resource utilization tracking for proper personnel costs management for the SBU.
- Be the responsible officer for all operational excellence type reporting.
- Flexibility is important.
- The role is open to anyone who meets the above criteria regardless of race or nationality
Competitive based on experience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply