Chief Executive Officer Job at the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN)
The Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN) is the umbrella professional body for bankers in Nigeria. We invite applications from a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- We are searching for a dynamic and experienced leader to lead a financial services institution located in Lagos
- The ideal candidate for this position has a proven track record for effective team management and hands-on, results- oriented leadership
- The candidate must have executive presence and the ability to successfully coordinate multiple stakeholders.
- Executive-level candidate required to be the CEO of a financial institution in Lagos, Nigeria.
- The role is a long term contract of 3 years and would be responsible for helping to coordinate efforts to drive financial inclusion in Nigeria.
- Minimum of a B.Sc. Degree
- Advanced Degree (e.g. MBA, M.Sc, Ph.D, etc) is an added advantage
- Membership of professional organizations (e.g. ACIB, etc.).is a plus
- Track record of successfully running an entity or large Business Unit or division, with P&L/Large Budget responsibility
- Experience in financial services, wide scale distribution and/or digital product development
- Experience serving on a board is a plus
- Experience in driving/supporting financial inclusion initiatives is a plus.
- Track record of impact in large scale transformation program (e.g. M&A integration, industry wide program execution, large scale product development and rollout, etc.)
- Track record of successfully coordinating multi-stakeholders towards a common objective
- Track record of successfully building relationships with Regulators, government officials and international bodies
Skills and Competencies Needed:
- Program management skills, including work planning structuring and monitoring
- Broad knowledge/understanding of digital financial services and consumer distribution
- External recognition and/or contribution to industry bodies/committers/conferences/journals, etc. in previous roles
- Strategic reasoning.
- Personality Traits:
- Executive Presence, Results orientation, Conscientiousness, Global mindset, Problem solver, Collaborative, Emotional intelligence, Tenacity, Track record of integrity with no record of financial infraction or litigation.
- Ensure prudent financial management, clear accountability and transparency of the organization’s operations
- Be “hands-on with track record of successful large-scale program management experience and strong emotional intelligence
- Work effectively under direction of the board members to deliver the Organization’s Mandate.
- Lead strategy development and program management for the organization: Develop strategies and coordinate the overall organization to successful implementation of all initiatives.
- Lead the organization’s Stakeholder Engagement and Coordination: Coordinate and facilitate all stakeholder activities related to the mandate of the financial institution
- Be the communication and thought leader for the financial institution: Lead communications to the institution’s board members and the public on progress made by institution
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s (in Word or PDF Format only) to: CEOrecruitment@cibng.org The e-mail should have the subject “CEO Role”.
Application Deadline 7th August, 2018.