Latest Vacancies at John Haris Construction
John Haris Construction – We offer general contracting, construction management, and design-build services to private and public companies for projects of all sizes – from a single office fit-up to treatment plants valued at over $250 million.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Responsible to: Financial Controller
Responsible for: Supply Chain Manager and Procurement Officer
- The basic function of the Procurement Manager is to procure, expedite and schedule deliveries of materials and services to project sites.
Duties include (but not limited to):
- Maintain and implement construction proforma / budget for each project
- Negotiate pricing contracts with subcontractors and suppliers
- Create scopes of work
- Issue purchase orders for procurement and expedition of materials and equipment for jobs
- Meet subcontractors and suppliers on-site as necessary
- Ensure compliance to project budgets and provide analysis of deviations
- Ensure accurate takeoffs to ensure budgets are accurate
- Research new materials for design and cost savings
- Maintain subcontractor and supplier insurance policies
- Develop and implement new purchasing strategies to deliver ongoing cost reductions and process simplification
- Maintain relationships with subcontractors and suppliers
- Establish new relationships with subcontractors and suppliers to ensure adequate resources for all projects and to continually improve pricing and quality of work
- Assist in ensuring awareness and company compliance to all building codes and local construction guidelines
- Assist in maintaining company quality control program
- Leverage technology, safety measures, and information sharing to increase productivity and profitability
- Assist in settling invoice or contract disputes
- Handle change order requests
- Forecast upcoming demand
- Maintain sub/supplier information on company online management systems
- Manage materials/equipment inventory
- Tertiary Degree in Engineering, Business Management and Project Management, or related discipline
- Masters in Business Administration with specialization in operations preferred
- Required: 5+ years’ experience in the construction business, much of which has been in purchasing/procurement
- Preferred: 10+ years in the construction industry with experience in engineering, estimating purchasing in construction or maintenance area.
- Experienced in setting up of a Functional Procurement Team/Department, establishing work-flows, operating procedures, and establishing job descriptions for the team members.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Applicants must have the following skills and knowledge:
- Ability to read and understand construction plans
- Ability to accurately describe and assess the status of a construction project and be ready to provide possible solutions when necessary
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with subcontractors, suppliers and clients
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent problem solving abilities and experience with complex transactions with little supervision
- Excellent computer skills and the willingness to learn company created software for managing projects
- Excellent time management
Job Title: Business Development Manager – Construction
- JohnHaris Construction is looking for a highly motivated, innovative, business development professional to join our team. The ideal candidate will have 3-10 years of building relationships in construction with a proven track record.
- The Business Development Manager is responsible for developing new business opportunities and managing relationships with clients, project managers, designers, brokers, and healthcare institutions.
- Identify and develop relationships with industry professionals to generate new business opportunities.
- Create and expand the firm footprint and build positive top of mind awareness.
- Attend industry events and other meetings to stay abreast of market conditions, competition, and establish relationships with existing clients and prospects.
- Provide ongoing progress updates on new business development activities and other key indicators to the management team.
- Coordinate and assist in the proposal process with firm’s marketing and project management teams.
- Introduce partners, directors and managers to qualified prospective clients and assist with managing the sales cycle for efficient, solutions-based, business development pursuits
- Work collaboratively with firm partners, senior leaders and marketing team members to execute practice development strategies and market penetration
- Provide input into strategy development relative to sales methodologies, service product development and key industry marketing initiatives
- Gather competitive intelligence and knowledge surrounding industry trends, share insights with client services, marketing and sales teams
- Document business development activity with prospective clients to track and manage sales-related information in Firm’s client relationship management system (CRM) system
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, or Economics preferred
- Master’s Degree or other applicable advanced degree desired
- 3 – 10 years of business development experience, selling professional services highly desired
- Deep industry or service line experience within the relevant vertical or service line
- Experienced and comfortable utilizing a CRM system
- Successful track record of achieving business development goals for a professional services firm
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to establish profitable relationships with decision makers at companies and organizations.
- Outstanding presentation and relationship building skills.
- Ability to grasp emerging technical issues and become conversant quickly.
- Maturity and adaptability – ability to interface with a variety of personality profiles.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Job Title: Senior Project Manager – Construction
Reporting to: Director of Engineering
Supervises: Consultants and Contractors
- The Senior Project Manager role plans, directs, manages and provides oversight of assigned design and construction projects to ensure that company goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed schedule and budget parameters.
- Effectively communicates with field staff, technical staff, contractors and management.
- Provides internal and external coordination and collaboration with project partners and stakeholders.
- This position will assist in the management of key company initiatives and projects.
- The position requires considerable judgment and latitude in performing job duties, and is expected to function effectively with minimal to moderate direct supervision.
The ideal candidate will need to:
- Provide detailed constructability reviews of project documents; make recommendations.
- Advise, consult, lead and provide feedback on the development of construction procurement documents, including plans, construction phase consulting services, and responsibilities.
- Participate in and/or lead project evaluation and consultant selection for applicable procurements.
- Manage day-to-day work on projects in construction phases; coordinate and make recommendations regarding status of work.
- Attend and actively participate in partnering sessions with contractors, agencies, and organizations to obtain feedback on company performance and effectiveness; represent company needs; and develop strong working relationships throughout the industry.
- Represent the company in Value Engineering studies on projects in development.
- Represent the company in reviewing contractor requests through formal or informal processes, and provide prompt responses to keep projects on schedule.
- Provide regular detailed reporting/metrics on existing projects, resources allocation, project status completion statistics, any variances to plan and forecasting of future needs.
- Review and monitor project work to ensure that progress is within expected guidelines and is completed on time and within budget.
- Review and provide recommendations on potential Change Orders on projects and process per contractual requirements, providing detailed analysis of impacts to the company budget and schedule.
- Regularly review project schedules, analyze and monitor construction progress to determine impacts to schedule and provide feedback to Director of Engineering and Executive staff
- Enforce constructor contracts compliance for reporting, environmental requirements, scheduling, and invoicing.
- Monitor and communicate project-related issues, scope changes, variances and contingencies that may arise during the construction of projects to the Director of Engineering and Executive staff. Facilitate amicable solutions.
- Meet with and effectively communicate with project partners, project stakeholders and general public.
- Coordinate project management matters, both current and future.
- Advise, consult and communicate directly with the Executive Director, Deputy Executive Director, Director of Engineering and management level staff on project matters.
- Participate in contractor evaluation, bid analysis reviews, and award recommendation.
- Manage project budgets in an effective, efficient manner.
- Complete any other job-related duties as assigned.
- Tertiary Degree in Engineering, Construction, Project Management or related field
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Engineering or related discipline from a reputable university
- 8+ years’ experience as Project Manager in construction, out of which 4 years could be Deputy Project Manager or Construction Engineer, preferable in government organizations.
- Excellent communications skills, problem solving skills, analytical skills negotiation skills;
- Excellent knowledge of project management (Planning, Organizing, Budgeting, Execution etc.);
- Excellent knowledge of MS office;
- A team leader committed to achieve the overall objectives of the project.
Deadline:17th September, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com with position title in the subject line.