The Center for Community and Health Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria’s rural children and women. CHAD was established in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
Job Title: Project Officer
Locations: Owerri, Anambra
Reports to: Country Director CHAD INTERNATIONAL
- The Project Officer is the project team leader of CHAD INTERNATIONAL HIV projects and is responsible for the successful management and implementation of HIV project activitiesRELATED: Latest Job Vacancies at Save the Children, April 2018
Key Areas Of Accountability:
- Project Delivery :
- Responsible for the timely, efficient and effective implementation of CHADS HIV prevention projects in above locations
- Develop work plans and revise/update them regularly for that area.
- Implement project activities in accordance with the work plans and budgets.
- Remain in close contact with the PM for all project-related matters.
- Organize, administer and facilitate capacity building activities for beneficiaries as well as for staff.
- Assist in developing training manuals and IEC materials.
- Conduct thematic/sector-specific skill-building sessions among community members and other stakeholders in area of assignment.
- Line manage the project staff, provide them with support and guidance in their professional activities to ensure successful project implementation.
- Collect project data as specified by the projects M&E framework and send them regularly to the PM.
- Monitor and document the progress of project activities in geographic area/s of assignment.
- Keep records of activities and report periodically on project progress, with recommendations, in a timely manner.
- Assist the PM with periodic and other reporting including provision of primary data and other related documents in an efficient and timely manner.
- Assist in documentation of process and impact of the project as needed.
- Work collaboratively with other teams to ensure the effective monitoring, evaluation and documentation of the project.
- Ensure the projects meet our accountability standards and that effective accountability systems are in place.
- Assist the Head of Regional Office in coordinating with local authorities and partners in the region.
- Ensure that project resources for their location are used optimally and that expenditures comply with Essential Standards and donor compliances.
- Ensure that project-related information are relayed to the project staff.
- Prepare communication materials to partners if necessary.
- Act as a true team leader, empowering project staff and encouraging their participation in discussions and their initiatives.
- Motivate and encourage staff to engage with community groups to support community-driven and community-led project implementation and development.
- Ensure the entire project staff abide by the Do No Harm approach to programming at all time and is complying with the Organizations policies and guidelines.
Skills/Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling CHAD INTERNATIONAL values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for CHAD INTL, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- Always acts in the best interests of children
- Demonstrated experience in health or development programmes that are related to HIV/AIDS prevention.
- Demonstrated experience in budget management will be an asset.
- Demonstrated experience or capacity for empowering management and genuine leadership style.
- A medical doctor or a graduate who specialized in a subject related to general medicine, public health or health related social sciences.
- Experience working on community-driven projects, supporting community structures and leaders to implement projects.
- At least four years experience in implementing development or humanitarian programs preferably in an NGO sector.
- Demonstrated skills, experience, and knowledge of: community development; working with children and on childrens issues; and working in partnership with other organisations.
- Strong ability to work in a participatory way and within a team, strong facilitation and training skills.
- Experience or knowledge of effective financial and budgetary controls for funds.
- Ability and willingness to travel in project areas, to and from if required.
- Strong interpersonal and community development skills.
- Excellent communication skills in local language.( Igbo)
- Commitment to and understanding of CHAD INTLs aims, values and principles.
- Project management including budget management;
- technical knowledge;
- staff management;
- interaction with local partners and communities;
- data collection;
- capacity building
Job Title: Community Engagement and Mobilization Officer (2 Job Placements)
Locations: Owerri, Anambra
Reports to: Country Director CHAD INTERNATIONAL
- The Community Engagement and Mobilization Officer will offer technical and program oversight in the areas of strengthening community engagement and mobilization in the integrated health project activities including identifying and working with community resources persons , community leaders, CBOs, CSOs, PLHIV and other community groups. In collaboration with community resource persons and community leaders, she/he will spearhead the formation and functionality of community peer groups that will contribute to increased demand, uptake and utilization of the integrated health services in the districts of support. The incumbent will provide technical guidance in the development and implementation of activities that facilitate linkages and referrals linkage between and within communities and health facilities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide oversight on the implementation of community activities including leadership engagement and supporting formation and functionality of community peer or psychosocial groups
- Offer support in the implementation of the projects core activities and strengthen community linkages to increase access, and retention of available integrated health services
- Strengthen the performance management and capacity building mechanism for community resource persons and peer group structure that the project engages to implement the integrated project.
- Mentor and coach community leaders/peer facilitates and other community resource people in the implementation of their advocacy role in the available health services at health facilities.
- Support the development of data collection systems and tools for the community group activities.
- Actively facilitate data collection from community intervention activities and its submission to CHAD country office.
- Prepare timely and submit weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on the activity implementation progress.
- Review and provide feedback to the community structure including peer facilitators/leader and health facility teams; and support the development of the performance improvement plans
- Provide technical leadership for the development of district work plans and supervisory support for the development and implementation of community action plans for the project
- Support the identification and build capacity of the peer group facilitators to establish and manage the community peer groups.
- Significantly contribute to identification and documentation of promising practices and success stories that will contribute to the body of knowledge in the area of provision of integrated health services at the community level and strengthening community engagement.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the community cadres and ensuring that the project assets are properly secured and kept in good working condition.
- Manage project finances and other resources related to implementation of activities in the assigned district in line with the projects finance guidelines.
- Work closely with the other District Based Team members in the implementation of the district led activities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Community Engagement and Mobilization Officer job placement should hold a Bachelors degree in Social Science, Community Development or Nursing or Public health.
- Related community health and post graduate qualifications will be an added advantage
- At least three to five years experience in implementing community health integrated programs especially those related HIV /AIDS.
- Previous experience building capacity at individual and organizational levels;
- Skills in at least two or more of the following technical areas: strengthening service delivery programs at the community level, strengthening community-facility linkages, psychosocial support, and integrating health service delivery into community structures.
- Previous experience in formation and supporting functionality of community support/peer groups.
- Knowledge of community structures and cultural practices in Eastern Nigeria is essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication or interpersonal skills is a must, ability to communicate in the local language is most desired.
- Good analytical skills and ability to support a cross section of frontline health and community workers
- Ability and willingness to reside in the project area with frequent travels to the field
Job Title: Finance Officer
- Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Finance Officer reconciles various bank accounts at the field, analyzes and reconciles items and provides staff with practical guidance on how to close these items.
- Systematically follows up long outstanding items and long outstanding open cases for bank reconciliations. Maintains appropriate finance records for the work performed.
- Follow all CHAD International policies, procedures, grant compliance and documentation requirements.
- Prepare and maintain filling records of all program activities and other related financial documents.
- Implement and make sure all CHAD International Field Finance Manual, procurement, assets
- Receive requests for funds from teams within program sites for activities, check and process requests.
- Prepare payment authorizations. Follow-up on timely disbursement of funds to the staff in these regions.
- Receive, reconcile and submit financial returns from the sub field office to Field office -finance office for account registration purposes.
- Identify and follow up on outstanding obligations.
- Receive, check and submit travel advance claims from field based
- Keeps record of all cash, bank, advances and regularly updates
- Carries out weekly cash counts and whenever requested by the Senior Finance Officer,
- Finance Manager, Country Director and official auditors directed by the supervisor.
- Prints off all payment vouchers and matches with the documents to be filed.
- Pays or receives authorized bank payments and receipts.
- Makes sure all required documents are attached; calculations are correct, appropriate approvals and reviews made per the AAM before payment of any cash or bank payments.
- Enters transactions to the accounting software under the supervision of the Senior Finance Officer whenever required.
- Ensure compliance with Nigerian laws and standard accounting practice.
- Code all expenditures following the standard chart of accounts, coded budget and record to the accounting software or recording system daily and ensure weekly review and posting.
- Match invoices/receipts with payment vouchers and other required documents.
- Prepare cash, bank and advances reconciliations and submit for review/approval every week and monthly.
- Make sure all income taxes, withholding taxes, VAT and other taxes are withheld and paid accordingly.
- Keep all finance documents and reports are properly filed, labeled and stored in a clear and easily accessible manner following FFM.
- Be adaptable and flexible to take new tasks and new assignments as requested from time to time.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to CHAD International and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission
- Any Other duties as assigned
- Diploma or advanced certificate or equivalent in accounting or finance is required.
- Minimum of two years experience in handling cash and accounting.
- Any Finance experience is preferred.
- Accounting skills and experience in general ledger, journal entries, payroll, cash/bank mgt.
- Computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel and accounting software experience.
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Willing to travel to CHAD International offices and take temporary assignments..
- Fluency in English and Igbo languages
- The successful candidate will be capable of multi-tasking, rapid decision-making, have initiative, drive and a lot of energy, as well as high emotional intelligence, constructive mentoring skills and proven experience with capacity building.
- S/he will be committed to long-term program sustainability and the delivery of high-impact activities at the community level.
- Successful CHAD International team members have a strong commitment to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and challenging environments, and make effective written and verbal communication a priority.
- CHAD International team members represent the Organization both during and outside work hours.
- Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and CHAD International policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation
Directorate: Strategic Information
- The job holder will be a member of the State Team and will support program monitoring and evaluation (M&E), and quality assurance (QA) systems.
- Support the setting up of M&E and QA systems at new program sites in the state
- Provide technical assistance to program sites in the collection, analysis, reporting and use of output data for program improvement
- Share program output data with the state team and the State Government through the state team Lead
- Monitor the progress of the program towards achieving targets in the State
- Work in collaboration with other members of the state team to follow up on Monitoring & Evaluation Committees at the program sites to ensure the promotion of data utilization by relevant end-users
- Facilitate the provision of technical support to strengthen M&E and QA systems at the state level
- Contribute to the development and review of appropriate data collection tools and procedures for all monitoring and reporting needs
- Contribute to the periodic review of the organizations quality improvement protocol, in line with national protocol
- Conduct periodic visits to program sites
Qualifications and Experience:
- A degree in Public Health or a Health-related degree and a minimum of 2 years relevant experience supporting the implementation of M&E systems, and planning and executing program evaluation.
- Fluency in English and Igbo languages
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to send their applications, updated CVs and cover letter to:email@example.com The subject of the mail should be the job position and location being applied for,
Application Deadline 1st September, 2018