Latest Recruitment at Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited
Sahel Capital Agribusiness Managers Limited – In 2013, Sahel Capital was selected as fund manager for the Fund for Agricultural Finance in Nigeria (FAFIN). FAFIN is an agriculture-focused investment fund initiated by the Nigerian Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development and the German development bank, KfW. The mission of the fund is to catalyze agriculture-led inclusive economic growth in Nigeria by increasing the amount of commercial capital available for agricultural enterprises in the country providing competitive returns to investors.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Accountant
- The Accountant at Sahel Capital Agribusiness Managers Limited, would be expected to prepare, develop and analyze management accounting information for internal and external stakeholders; and to oversee responsible utilization of Sahel resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Entering accurate and timely transaction information into Sahel’s accounting system
- Reviewing payment request including travel advances and reconciliation documents and ensure compliance with Sahel’s policies
- Working with Team Member and Management to implement grant tracking/monitoring system, monitoring grant expenditures in order to identify any irregularities.
- Managing payroll for staff and expense reimbursements for all staff
- Preparing cash flow statements and expenditure accounts
- Maintaining financial documents and a robust filing system
- Monitoring cash flow and work closely with the Accounting Team and Management to manage shortfalls/ surpluses
- Analyzing variances and explore potential problems with project budget, working closely with staff to forecast and address any variances
- Preparing financial reports for internal and external use on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Processing checks and expenditure (travel advances, imprest and purchase requisition)
- Participating in internal and external audits by providing auditors with accounting documents as requested and provide explanations for audit queries
- Managing compliance with Nigerian tax laws
- Managing petty cash transactions
- Any other responsibility assigned by management
Minimum Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or business-related course.
- Professional qualification – in accounting or finance (ACA, ACCA, CFA).
- 5 to 7 years of accounting related experience
- Deep knowledge of best practices in financial management required
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, Access and PowerPoint required; familiarity with Peachtree, or similar finance and accounting software, preferred
- Financial management and financial reporting skills.
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written skills
- Knowledge of various financial reporting forms – an advantage
- Knowledge of private equity-based accounting and experience with developed accounting firms is a plus
- Strong personal integrity and accountability
Title: Sahel Management Trainee Program (SMTP)
General Role: Financial Reporting & Company Accounts Operations
Reporting To: Chief Operating Officer
- In 2013, Sahel Capital was selected as fund manager for the Fund for Agricultural Finance in Nigeria (FAFIN). FAFIN is an agriculture-focused investment fund initiated by the Nigerian Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development and the German development bank, KfW. The mission of the fund is to catalyze agriculture-led inclusive economic growth in Nigeria by increasing the amount of commercial capital available for agricultural enterprises in the country providing competitive returns to investors.
- In August 2015, Sahel launched the Sahel Management Trainee Programme (“SMTP”), and as part of this initiative, Sahel will select high performing early career accounting/finance professionals (2–4 years’ work experience) that it can place within FAFIN portfolio companies. Selected individuals will spend 2-years rotating across three portfolio companies in different functional areas.
Why would this appeal to candidates?
- Candidates get exposure to three sectors over a 2-year period that builds their knowledge base and functional experience; and
- SMTP prepares candidates for a mid-management level role post the 2-year programme. Sahel would also pick the top performers to head the accounting departments of new investee companies.
- First degree in Accounting, Administration or Social Sciences
- Two to Four years working experience in an accounting role
- ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA or equivalent.
- Good Communication Skills
- Ability to co-ordinate team members into achieving unit and organizational objectives
- Public/external bodies liaising skills
- Willingness and ability to live and work in different geographical regions within Nigeria
- Ability to co-ordinate, review & monitor all accounting related transactions.
Job Title: Artificial Insemination Veterinarian
Locations: Oyo, Kano
About the Project
- The Nigerian Dairy Development Program (NDDP) is geared towards improving the livelihoods of smallholder dairy farmers in Nigeria by improving the productivity of their cattle and integrating them into the formal dairy value chain in Nigeria.
- The Project also includes a nutrition component and a gender component geared towards improving nutrition outcomes and promoting women empowerment in smallholder farming communities.
- This project is implemented by Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Ltd. and a consortium of other partners. The project seeks to boost the yields and incomes of smallholder farmers, increase nutrition outcomes and empower women involved in agriculture in Africa.
- The A.I Veterinarian (AIV) position is for experienced practitioners with a passion for agriculture.
- The AIV must have a thorough understanding and hands-on experience of animal reproduction and anatomy.
- He/she will have the opportunity to monitor and support interventions to improve the productivity of local cattle breeds through artificial insemination (AI).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and support dairy farmers’ sensitization and training activities around the AI process, their roles & responsibilities and good AI practices
- Monitor the activities of the service provider hired to deliver AI services to participating dairy farmers. This includes:
- Review protocols being used for effectiveness and ensure they are being adhered to
- Track and monitor inputs procurement, distribution and management
- Monitor proper administration of inseminations and other services to the participating cows for effectiveness.
- Collect and review records of activities for quality control
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to participating farmers to check cows’ health status, monitor adherence to taught proper feeding & herd management practices, investigate and advise on reported issues.
Minimum Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s or a higher degree in Animal Production and Health, Veterinary Services, Livestock Management or related discipline.
- Proven experience, skills and knowledge and preferred experience in dairy management, animal health, feed/fodder management and livestock extension services especially in African settings.
- Veterinary license and certification in artificial insemination are required.
- At least 3 years of professional A.I and Veterinary experience.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent record keeping skills
- Genuine interest in livestock / animal breeding
- Strong program management skills and high level of analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (both written and verbal), interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Fluency in English, Hausa or Yoruba
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Willingness and enthusiasm for working with rural and vulnerable communities living in remote areas of the country.
- Willingness to travel (required).
Deadline: 28th September, 2018
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word-formatted single document CV’s to: email@example.com
- Please identify the position for which you are applying in the subject line. We welcome hearing from qualified and interested applicants.
- Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications. Applicants are strongly advised not to do phone calls.