National Volunteer Recruitment at Voluntary Service Overseas, 25th September, 2018
Randstad Construction Property Engineering – Our client, Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO), is the worlds leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
We are recruiting on their behalf to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Volunteer – Youth Engagement and Participatory Research Specialist
Reference number: JOB0116054
Job Category: Science & Research
Job type: voluntary
- The purpose of the Youth Led Participatory Research is to understand how young people are engaged in programmes, organizational operations and governance, and also to inform decision making on youth related matters. This will serve as part of evidence gathering on best practices on youth engagement, exploring further opportunities, enablers and barriers for meaningful youth engagement within VSO and in community, regional, national, continental and global levels, and to facilitate development of VSO’s Youth Engagement framework and articulation of youth contribution to VSO’s Global Engagement Framework
- The Youth Engagement and participatory Research Specialist will work directly with the country programme team, M&E focal person and youth volunteers, guided by Global Youth Engagement Officer and Global Youth Engagement manager, and in collaboration with Knowledge for Impact team, Programme Development team and Engagement and Partnership team
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience working with/training low capacity teams/grass root organisations
- Essential Educated at Master’s Level in Social Sciences, Research for Social Sciences or equivalent.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in Youth participatory action research and community advocacy with and by young people
- Sound knowledge of the current participatory research approaches and methodologies.
- Experience in youth coaching and mentoring
- Experience and knowledge in Positive Youth Development Framework
- Excellent documentation and report writing skills
- Skills in the application and use of various data analysis tools, SPSS, Epi-data
- Good training and facilitation skills
- Proven planning, organizational and systems management competencies.
- Conceptual and analytical thinker
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and suitable character to work in a slow-paced environment which can be bureaucratic (requiring patience and tenacity).
- Ability to adjust and adapt easily to a new environment, culture and situation; address multiple challenges in the workplace and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- A team player able to work alongside their local colleagues in a spirit of partnership Proactive, supportive and accommodative
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply