Action Against Hunger Recruitment for Graduate Finance Intern
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Graduate Finance Intern
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Starting date: October 2018
Contract duration: 12 months (non-renewable)
Line Manager: Finance Officer
- Ensure quality control of the invoices
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Verification of all incoming invoice ensuring coherence with the accountancy in SAGA.
- Record in the filing report all errors in the wads (bundles);
- Whenever possible, improve the quality of the presentation of words: translation, date (according to the data base file), addition of a calculation note (ticket), etc.
- Rectification and correction of errors based on information on invoices to increase the quality of invoices;
- Work closely with the finance team following the monthly accounting closure to ensure accounting, project and budget codes are entered correctly.
- Develop reports related to pending invoices based on extracted files received from SAGA accounting software.
- Check the nature of the document and its presentation (photocopy, original, pro forma, translation, date, signature, stamp, terms used, accuracy of calculations, etc.);
- Filing and archiving of all finance related documents
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Check that all the invoices are present for each budget line and each contract;
- File the originals according to budget (contract) and budget line;
- Reclassification of invoices according to new budget lines if necessary, particularly when they being used in various operations (redistribution of the initial budget lines);
- Other task as assigned.
- Directly reporting to Finance Officer;
- Capital and Field Finance Team;
- Abuja Logistics and HR team.
- Monthly Finance reports on filing (input/support to Finance Officer in preparation).
- Minimum of HND/B.Sc in Accounting or any related field of study.
- Exceptional organization, time management, and attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Approachable, diplomatic, able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment;
- Excellent computer literacy including all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be a resident of Abuja and within the ages of 20 to 30 years of age;
Deadline: 18th October, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Advert may close before the due date once we receive application from qualified candidates.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.