Consultant Jobs at the Ondo State Project Implementation Unit
Ondo State Project Implementation Unit (SPIU) – The Federal Government of Nigeria, through the Federal Ministry of Finance has applied for financing from the International Development Association (IDA) – The World Bank and French Development Agency (AFD) and will on-lent the financing to Ondo State Government towards the cost of rehabilitation of prioritized rural roads and river crossings, construction/rehabilitation support for the establishment of agro logistics hubs and institutional development under the Rural Access and Agricultural Marketing Project (RAAMP). It is intended that part of the proceeds of the financing will be applied to eligible payments under the contract for consulting services.
The Ondo State Project Implementation Unit (SPIU) on behalf of the State Government now invites eligible Individual Consultant (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services below:
Job Title: Consultant – Services for the Engagement of Gender Base Violence (GBV) Specialist
Reference No: ONDO/RAAMP/2019/080
Project ID: P163353
The consulting services of the Gender Base Violence (GBV) Specialist includes but not limited to:
- Using a survivor centered approach as main guiding principle, strengthen complaints mechanisms ensure the effectiveness of mechanisms for recording, processing and referring the complaints (eg. GRM), while engaging with project beneficiary communities as well as systems to protect them from SEA;
- Based on the project’s initial GBV risk assessment, prepare internal guidelines defining the approach for the preparation, implementation, monitoring and reporting of SEA/GBV prevention and response on the project that could be used as a framework and that could guide the development of the Environmental and Social Management Plans (ESMPs) including the approach to the GBV action plan that will be prepared for the thirteen intervened states
- Coordinate, support and manage the coherent and effective implementation of the SEA/GBV prevention measures in Ondo RAAMP;
- The duration of the services is 12 months over a period of 24 months. The contract may be renewed base on performance.
- The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the position can be found in: www.ramp.gov.ng
- Support the SPIU on all aspects of GBV/SEA risk identification, mitigation and management under the project in the state including any GBV/SEA reporting requirements. The consultant will support the SPIU to reassess the GBV/SEA risk along project implementation and ensure that the mitigation strategy is updated for newly identified risks;
Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The minimum requirements are as follows:
- Advanced University Degree in Social Studies or other related areas including Public Policy, Community Health, Gender, Development Studies.
- At least 5 years of increasingly responsible relevant professional experience including experiences in program management and actively liaising with relevant and potential project partners
- Knowledge of gender issues in development, particularly GBV, knowledge of reproductive health, HIV and protection issues in humanitarian and post-conflict recovery settings.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified Individual Consultants should submit their Curriculum Vitae (CV) which must contain Information on their qualifications, experience and competence relevant to the assignment (Description of similar assignments, experiences in similar conditions etc) via CV to:
Engr. Z. Olu Olorunnegan
Ondo State Project Implementation Unit,
Rural Access and Agricultural Marketing Project (RAAMP),
Quarter 87B, Alagbaka,
Akure, Ondo State.
- The Consultants with the most appropriate qualifications and experiences will be selected for the assignment and in accordance with the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for Borrowers published in July, 2016 and revised August, 2018.
- You may obtain further information at the address above during office hours from 9.00 am to 4.00 pm (Monday to Friday)