We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning Assistant (Field Monitor)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Contracted Hours: 35
Contract Length: 6 months
Slot: 2 Openings
- To assist the MEAL unit in regular data collections through implementing partners/volunteers and ensure quality of the data by random verification and validation.
- To record, manage and preserve monitoring and evaluation data in a safe and accessible way. Provide technical support on M&E and evidence-based recommendations to the relevant Program Officers and Partners.
- Support Program Officers and partners in conducting of field activities and adheres to CA’s monitoring and evaluation system. Participate actively in programme planning processes.
- The role works within the International Programmes role family positioned within the humanitarian team.
- The role is key in providing MEAL support to the work team to ensure partnerships and programmes are managed effectively.
- The role will normally work within a country office and there may be occasional travel required
- Support the development and strengthening of Monitoring and Evaluation systems to allow for effective, accurate reporting for decision making and project implementation.
- Positive relationships developed with partners/volunteers through effective communication.
- Information provided for production of reports for institutional donors, project files maintained, supporter visits and team meetings facilitated and supported.
- Contribute to building the Nigerian Country Office and partner capacity to develop and use participatory approaches to monitoring and evaluation for effective project implementation for results.
- Encourage active knowledge management and organizational learning needs using Monitoring and Evaluation findings
- External: The role holder will have contact with partners., volunteers and stakeholders at state level.
- Internal: The position is line managed by the MEAL Coordinator- Humanitarian. Has a key role in ensuring good relations with other roles in programmes, finance and logistic and procuement
- The ability to make day to day decisions to assist in the administration and smooth running of the Partnership and programmes.
- Analytical skills desirable to perform day to day logistics and coordination work.
Developing self and others:
- Ability to take initiative, be self- motivated and build capacity of/guide new and existing staff on programme and MEAL requirement.
Applied skills/knowledge and expertise
- Degree in Statistics or the Social Sciences with at least three working experience with an I/NGO
- Familiarity and understanding of statistical software such as SPSS, Epi-info; STATA)
- Hands-on experience of monitoring and supporting community based development programmes.
- Excellent report writing, communication (written and verbal) skills, and strong IT skills.
- Experience of monitoring and evaluation and Project/programme-cycle management approaches and tools – including participatory planning.
- Understanding of reporting requirements of institutional donors such as WFP, ECHO, EU, DFID and USAID.
- Understanding and familiarity with data management tools (such as KoboCollect, CS Pro, DHIS, NHMIS is essential).
- Familiarity with Microsoft Packages.
- Understanding of partnership approach to international development
- Manage and organize information systems and establish and maintain filing systems
- Ability to produce quality reports, case studies and humanitarian briefs from analysis conducted on data sets and gathered qualitative information.
IT competency required:
LEVEL 1: You are expected to be able to:
- Work in a collaborative way that develops positive relationships and proactively provide help to others
- Proactively participate in team work and contribute ideas, including those that may be beyond your own or your team’s role.
- Keep others informed about what is going on in your own work area.
- Treat everyone with courteousness, dignity and respect, recognising that people are different and have different views.
- Act and behave consistently with what you say
- Communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
- Pass on messages or information promptly and accurately, ensuring clarity and understanding.
- Proactively question to clarify when needed.
- Explain things simply and in a different way if someone appears not to have understood.
- Be sensitive to and take responsibility for how your actions and words impact on others and adapt if necessary.
- Be responsible for using resources economically, whether these are Christian Aid resources or wider environmental resources.
- Recognise that time is a resource and take responsibility and proactive measures for managing your time effectively.
- Agree your work plan and priorities, keep track of your own progress and keep others informed.
- Check the quality of your own work and deliver to expectations.
- Seek clarification and support from your manager when needed, ensuring appropriate sign-off.
- Respond promptly to the requests of others, handling competing priorities and seeking guidance on these where appropriate.
- Consider the consequences of your actions, and take responsibility for the impact on your work, your colleagues and team objectives.
- Be accountable for your actions.
- Acknowledge gaps in your own knowledge and skills and seek out information and advice in order to learn.
- Regularly ask for and act on feedback on own performance.
- Assist others by showing how to complete tasks and sharing knowledge.
Strive for improvement:
- Demonstrate openness and willingness to embrace change, be flexible and adapt to new methods of working.
- Respond quickly and positively to new initiatives.
- Find ways to make improvements in your work and ways of working.
- Show initiative when faced with problems and proactively seek solutions.
- Willingly share knowledge and information that may help others.
Full Time Salary
N3,187,627 per year.
Deadline: 22nd February, 2019.
28th February, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online