Latest Job at Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL)
Sahel Consulting Agriculture & Nutrition Limited (SCANL) is a leading management consulting firm focused on the agricultural and nutrition sectors in Africa. We partner with government agencies, private sector companies and leading international development organizations to conduct research, analyze policies, develop strategies and implement programs that promote sustainable food security and improved nutrition. We have worked on a variety of projects across West Africa, including in Benin, Burkina Faso, Ghana, Mali, Nigeria, and Senegal.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Manager
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- The Operations Manager will oversee all activities including implementation of production plans, identification of market opportunities, implementation of sales plans and employee management.
- He / She will serve as a linkage officer, having direct contact with customers and expanding the customer-base of the company.
Qualifications and Requirements
- At least a BSc in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, Economics, Marketing and other related courses
- At least five years of work experience in a related role
- Strong managerial skills, with clear evidence of execution ability
- Strong sales, marketing and financial management skills
- Exceptional public speaking and communication (oral, written, reading, listening) skills
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Proven track record of effective judgment and making beneficial strategic decisions.
- Demonstrated leadership, management and coordination skills
- Ability to effectively work under stress and deadline pressure
- A self-starter with proven ability to work with limited supervision
- Passion for the Nigerian agriculture sector
- Willingness to travel locally and internationally, when necessary
- Knowledge of the seed industry in Nigeria will be an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the company, ensuring that it is efficiently and effectively managed
- Actively track the inflow and outflow, and use of funds within the organization, ensuring transparency and accountability
- Manage contracts and agreement with partners, clients and outgrowers
- Identify, engage and manage relationships with potential and current customers
- Institute effective systems, controls and standard operating procedures to ensure world-class operations
- Oversee the activities of the field and sales team members to achieve results, and drive sales growth and profitability
- Provide weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on the division’s activities, sales and financial results to the General Manager and CEO
- Engage in all other tasks related to the establishment and growth of the division
Deadline: 28th March, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com with the position they are applying for as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted