Job for OSP Planning and Design Engineer at MainOne Cable Nigeria
MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: OSP Planning and Design Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
The OSP Planning and Design Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Plan, design and prepare detailed drawings for optics fibre deployment.
- Prepare detailed construction and installation drawings, while also estimating equipment, labour and material costs.
- Develop Bills of Quantity and materials for fibre deployment.
- Analyse site survey to gain in-depth knowledge of topography, social factors, and ensuring accurate measurements are taken in order to output proper design and plan for the fibre deployment.
- Liaise with both vendors and internal teams to ensure plan are effectively executed as par approved specifications.
- Maintain and keep updated network diagrams that would aid rebuild/expansion projects as well as the operations.
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date facility CAD maps.
- Direct construction work activities to ensure conformance with engineering specifications.
- Analyse all infrastructure and network plan and make judgments on cost and associated risk of implementing the plan.
- Analyse current challenges, visualize future, compare alternatives, and describes implications to make knowledgeable choices in the planning of low-level infrastructure design.
- Determine infrastructure requirements taking into consideration topology of the area.
- Attend various meetings with management, various departments, vendors, government officials to ensure company objectives are meet.
- Participate in inter-departmental planning meetings to coordinate and communicate activities related to the successful completion of projects
- Define specifications of the different network elements (such as manholes, cabinets, joint boxes, splice locations) to meet industry requirements and company objectives.
- Advise and researches new technologies and identifies areas of the company build that requires upgrade.
- Work with road constructors, residential developers and builders to determine installation requirements as well as placement of fibre cables and splitter cabinets.
- Prepare work authorisation request with drawings for securing approval for responsible authorities.
- Analyse the As-built documents to ensure all build are as par design before filing the final document.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- B.Sc (or equivalent) in Telecommunications related field.
- Experience in the use of GIS Tools and Software.
- Years of Experience: 3-5 years
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Good communication and reporting skills
- Ownership and initiatives
- Good troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Significant work experience in optical fiber networks design, GPON and DWDM technologies.
- Experience with researching, investigating, evaluating, and qualifying potential new equipment for network deployment.
- Knowledge of fiber optic transmission and transmission systems, and electrical cabling and transmission systems.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to evaluate and articulate the cost trade-offs associated with various network and circuit implementations.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, and Outlook.
- Ability to engage with and communicate with vendors, service providers, employees, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
Demand on the Job:
- Full dedication
- Work may require working extra hours and weekends
- Frequent travel required to project areas and job sites as follow and ensure compliance to specifications.
- Visitation to project locations to confirm vendors’ compliance to specifications.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online