Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organisation operating for over 35 years who is committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food and shelter.
SI has started activities in North-eastern Nigeria in August 2016 in the fields of Wash and is now intervening in 4 areas of the state for Wash and Shelter activities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT & Communication Responsible
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Beginning of contract: ASAP
Contract duration: 3 months (with possibility of extension)
Probation period: 1 month
- The IT & Communication Responsible will ensure that SI staff within a country can use Information Communication Technology (ICT) and available information systems, including email, networks, PCs, NAS, Satphone, Trackers, Radios etc.
- He/she will check that IT resources available for personnel are in good working order; responsible for the smooth running of the network, the computers and all other IT equipment.
- He/she must keep the mission computer and other durable equipment list up to date and make regular physical inventories.
- He/she will provide continuous technical assistance to all users for any question related to IT equipment and its operation.
- He/she will ensure compliance with the standards set by the Headquarter IT Department
Administration and Management of Network:
- Regularly check that the network is working
- Organize network security
- Manage the distribution of network resources (printers, scanners etc.).
- Contact different Internet Service Providers
- Choose the provider most compatible with the Headquarter IT Department
- Check the conformity of the installation with the Internet Service Provider
- Ensure that authorized users have internet access
- Configure mission workstations respecting the standards set by Solidarités International before handing out to a user (Desktop and Laptop)
- Manage agreed solutions to operational/technical problems that may often be complex which includes an ISystem during new base set up.
- Check that every computer uses the standard operating system
- Manage the maintenance of all computer equipment including related items (printers, etc.)
- Check that all IT equipment is protected (uninterruptible power supply, stabiliser, etc.)
- Configure email accounts for all users
- Carry out regular maintenance on IT equipments
- Manage the upgrade and installation of appropriate office systems including PC LANs, communications equipment, desktop software, email clients etc.
- Provide first level hardware maintenance and upgrades.
Maintenance of Equipment:
- Deal with requests from users and provide them with technical support.
- Compile a list of breakdowns and keep records of how they were resolved for reference
- Contact the Headquarter IT Department service for any additional technical support
- Confirm with head office solutions proposed for the resolution of any breakdown or failure
- Carry out a diagnosis for all requests for equipment to be returned to France for after-sales service and verify with the Headquarter IT Department
- Check that equipment to be returned to France is securely packaged and accompanied by support documentation: Waybill and breakdown form, etc.
Backup Data and Security:
- Check that the system is automatically backed up every day
- Organize systematic copying of the daily automatic back up to the ‘Mission’ external hard drive for transmission to the logistics coordinator
- Check that designated workstations are securely connected to the backup system and inform the logistics coordinator about the backup volume for each user
- Check that each computer uses an up-to-date antivirus (N.B. SOPHOS is the standard to be used)
- Monitor ISPs performance to ensure the service is cost-effective, dependable systems that satisfy business needs.
Monitoring of Computer Equipment:
- Keep mission computer equipment up to date
- Carry out regular physical inventories of mission IT equipment
- Ensure correct use of IT equipment
Management of Supplies:
- Organize a supply of spare parts for network equipment
- Organize a supply of consumables (printer cartridges, toner, etc.)
- Provide technical support to bases and sub-bases, in the form of a hotline
- Carry out technical visits to bases and sub-bases when necessary or at the request of the Logistics coordinator
- Organize training sessions on use of IT equipment for users if necessary (use, maintenance)
- Assist the Logistics Coordinator in developing Country IT capacity through the use of a variety of training and support techniques.
- Provide direct training and support on software and hardware systems in Country
- When appropriate, matrix manage Project technical staff or external service providers to ensure agreed services levels are maintained.
- Estimate desirable development of network according to the number of users and the layout of the bases
- Keep an up-to-date price list and index of IT equipment suppliers
- Implement purchases of IT equipment necessary for the mission, respecting the rules and procedures of validation
- Ensure regular contact with suppliers
- Degree level education, in Computer Science, ICT with at least 4 years relevant work experience
- High level of IT skills encompassing networking, servers, PCs
- Demonstrable experience in supporting PC hardware, software, printers, and networks.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Flexible and able to prioritize own workload, to work independently and meet deadlines.
- The ability to train staff on PC operating systems and Microsoft applications.
- Highly flexible in style with the ability to produce creative and pragmatic solutions to complex IS problems, within corporate standards.
- Ability to work within a team, both locally and internationally.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understanding of the complexities of working in a multicultural environment.
Salary and Conditions
- In accordance with SI’s Terms of Employment; for national staff in Nigeria
- Delocalized status and related benefits: Applicable.
Deadline: 17th June, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please submit your application by clicking on the link above
- Select “IT & Communications Responsible Maiduguri”, fill the form and attach your CV
- The CV attached must be named with your name and surname.
Note: As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.