GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project, helping developers collaborate on code to build great things and ship on time. We are an active participant in our global community of customers and contributors, trying to serve their needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write. We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Backend Engineer, Telemetry
- At GitLab, developers are independent and self-organized individual contributors who work together as a tight team in a remote and agile way.
- Most backend developers work on all aspects of GitLab, building features, fixing bugs, and generally improving the application. The Manage team works on the backend part of GitLab for the Manage product category. Among other things, this means working on GitLab’s functionality around user, group and project administration, authentication, access control, and subscriptions.
- You have worked on a production-level Ruby application, preferably using Rails (this is a strict requirement).
- Experience with other technologies a plus.
- You can reason about software, algorithms, and performance from a high level.
- You are passionate about open source.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and have strong organizational skills.
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Develop features from proposal to polished end result.
- Support and collaborate with our support engineers in getting to the bottom of user-reported issues and come up with robust solutions.
- Engage with the core team and the open source community to collaborate on improving GitLab.
- Manage and review code contributed by the rest of the community and work with them to get it ready for production.
- Create and maintain documentation around features and configuration to save our users time.
- Take initiative in improving the software in small or large ways to address pain points in your own experience as a developer.
- Keep code easy to maintain and keep it easy for others to contribute code to GitLab.
- Qualify developers for hiring.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: This position is remote based.