New Job at International Centre for Energy Environment and Development
The International Centre for Energy, Environment & Development (ICEED) is one of Nigeria’s leading centres on energy and climate change. ICEED works to expand access to sustainable energy services for Nigeria’s poor. ICEED is part of a partnership implementing a donor funded project that will provide support for recovery of up to 200,000 men, women, boys and girls who are returnees, IDPs and host communities affected by the insurgency in Southern and Central Borno State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business and Market Development Programme Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Scope of Work
This EU funded project which is being implemented from 2017 – 2020 seeks to achieve the following:
- Improve rural livelihoods in an ecologically sustainable way by enabling households to take advantage of existing and new agricultural market opportunities;
- Vocational training provided and skills of displaced people developed;
- Improved access to social protection and community based services for women, youth and adolescent breadwinners and other at risk groups; and
- Social cohesion strengthened within and between conflict-affected communities and environmental resource management improved in areas of displacement and return.
- To deliver this project, ICEED requires the services of a professional to fill the post outlined below:
- The Business and Market Development Programme Officer will be responsible for developing and expanding the value chain of solar PV and clean cooking energy products within the project area.
- He/She will identify potentials for collaboration with established businesses, coordinate business delivery model trainings, facilitate partnership with finance institutions, support the development of innovative financing models, and ensure effective and efficient delivery of all commercial results of the project and sustainability schemes.
Education, Experience & Certifications
- A Degree or its equivalent in Business Administration, Marketing or related fields.
- Demonstrated creative entrepreneurial and resourceful approach to developing and implementing marketing and business development solutions.
- Willingness to travel to project areas.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication, teamwork, and partnering skills;
- Understanding of donor reporting formats; and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ related experience and at least three in the business development or financial services sector.
- Experience in developing or providing innovative financing solutions for the promotion of products and services;
- Demonstrated ability to carry out capacity building programmes and outreaches;
- Fluency in English language is required. Knowledge of Hausa and Kanuri languages is an added advantage.
- Advanced knowledge of computer skills.
- Facilitate the building of partnerships with finance institutions;
- Develop and implement outreach strategies to support private sector; and
- In collaboration with other project staff, ensure effective communication of project results and reporting obligations.
- Identify, assess, and recommend potential private sector partners and partnership opportunities;
- Facilitate business development services trainings;
- Facilitate the delivery of cash grants to trainees;
- Support the development of innovative financing tools to promote investment in sustainable clean cookstove and solar PV enterprises;
- Coordinate with other donors, local organizations and government structures to ensure growth in the market for clean energy solutions for households and institutions;
- Coordinate ongoing business mentorship and apprenticeship for trainees;
- Provide technical leadership for the design, formalization, and management of innovative public-private partnerships;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV with a one-page letter of Application to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 12th July, 2019.