New Vacancies at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI), 11th June, 2019
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Under the supervision of the Mission Pharmacist, the Pharmacist shall ensure the overall functioning of the PUI Base Pharmacies and an adequate supply of quality medicines and medical equipment to PUI projects/pharmacies on the field.
- He must ensure proper pharmaceuticals management (storage, distribution, inventory and consumption) for the entire Base, both at the operational bases and health structures supported.
- The supply chain of medicines must be safe, reliable and documented at all levels.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Data Collection, Treatment And Analysis:
- Monthly supervise the data collection (in / out, consumption) of bases and Health Centres and their data entry
- Ensures delivery of drugs and supplies to various sites/ facilities and appropriate use of the management document (inventory records, delivery notes, computer tools etc.)
- Ensures first aid kits/pep kits are refilled
- Be able to provide at any given time reliable information on stock, consumption, use of medicines and health products for each project.
- Maintenance of temperature/humidity for drugs
- Supervise the delivery and receipt of goods and the quality control of drugs received.
- Inform logistics and medical services in the event of non-compliance.
- Supervises the monthlyphysical inventory and conduct random checkings. In case of discrepancies between physical inventory and theoretical stock, investigate and inform the Mission Pharmacist.
- Ensure a proper storage (especially conditions of temperature, humidity, light and safety), ordered (storage, classification, labelling) and secure (key access) according to the PUI Pharmacy procedures.
- Ensures that storage conditions are in line with national legislation, in particular for narcotic and psycho active drugs.
- Monitor stock management of the bases pharmacies and health facilities (in collaboration with project managers).
- Ensures the understanding and application of procedures and tools used at the base level and health facilities supported.
- Supervise the stock management of particular pharmacies (vehicles, first aid kits, etc..). Inform the Mission Pharmacist in case of irrational consumption.
- Ensure that expired or damaged items are properly put in quarantine and ensures their effective destruction.
- Ensure pharmacovigilance including the immediate report of any problem with the quality of a drug in accordance with PUI pharmaceutical management procedures.
Supply Management Of Bases And Health Structure:
- Verify and validate the relevance of orders received and inform the Mission Pharmacist in case of inconsistencies.
- Supervise the preparation, distribution planning, transport and delivery from central stock to bases.
- Participate in the preparation of donations / loans / exchanges with the Mission Pharmacist
- Inform in advance and work with logistics department for the organization of transport of drugs.
The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
The successful candidate will need to have:
- Bachelor Degree/Certificate in Pharmacy (Registered with Pharmacist Council of Nigeria).
- Significant professional experience in working as a Pharmacist
- Experience of working in a NGO/INGO
- Experience in team management
- Fluent in written and spoken English, Hausa and Kanuri
- Strong report writing and computer skills (must be competent in Ms Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive, etc.
- Commitment to and understanding of PUI’s aims, values and principles
- Ability to integrate into the local environment including awareness of political, religious and economic aspects of the community
Knowledge and skills:
- Great moral and ethical sense
- Able to work in a stressful environment and move around to work in Health Facilities
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Able to work independently
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Confidentiality require for safety of people,
- Property and Financial data of the mission –
- Ensures a positive image of the organisation –
- Honesty & integrity,
- Strong Organizational skills
- ability to adapt and develop self
- High availability
- Ability to work in a team
- Good reporting skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Slot: 3 Openings
- The M&E Officer will work under the direct supervision of the MEAL Manager in the Coordination office based in Maiduguri, with travel to bases as needed. The M&E Officer will be responsible for ensuring the complaints handling mechanism is in place across PUI projects. S/he will be responsible to fulfil requirements under the hap humanitarian accountability partnership (hap) standards especially in regards to information sharing, beneficiaries’ participation, complaints and response mechanism and accountability in monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning.
- S/he will ensure clear and transparent rules for raising and processing complaints are established and that complaints are recorded and addressed by relevant parts of PUI within a reasonable time-frame and will utilize the information received through the feedback channel to produce periodic reports and analysis that can strengthen programming and increase overall organizational accountability.
Role and Responsibilities
- M&E: She/he will implement all M&E field-related activities;
- Logistics and Administration: She/he will express and anticipate logistical and administrative needs related to M&E activities he or she is implementing;
- Safety and Security: She/he will follow safety and security rules in the base and will transmit all safety and security information to the Deputy MEAL Manager/MEAL Manager.
Specific Objective and Linked Activities
Implementation of the Monitoring & Evaluation Plan:
- Coordinate the collection, reporting and validation of monitoring data of project teams and ensure the data reported by Field Officers/Program Managers is accurate and of good quality and reported in a timely manner.
- Produce monitoring checklists and conduct regular joint field process monitoring, quality assessments and data validation, and provide feedback and recommendations for timely improvement.
- Ensure that community leaders and beneficiaries are actively participating in all project and M&E activities.
- Assist the Deputy MEAL Manager/MEAL Manager in supporting project teams in designing and regularly updating project M&E guidelines and tools and ensure that project staff have access and capacity to use the tools.
- Provide training to field level project staff on the use of the M&E system including survey sampling and piloting of M&E tools, conducting assessments and the implementation of periodic evaluation activities including baseline surveys, research and evaluations in all sectors.
- Ensure utilization by all projects of appropriate data collection and reporting templates that facilitate the acquisition and aggregation of data.
- Undertake regular visits to field locations/project sites to support monitoring and evaluation processes and activities related to all sectors of PUI interventions.
- Support supervision of base level project staff and ensure that their capacities are built and that they are supported to deliver on their day to day M&E work by constant communication and joint field level M&E activities.
Internal and external reporting:
- Update Deputy MEAL Manager/MEAL Manager and Program Managers on daily achievements and challenges encountered on the field.
- Contribute and participate in weekly meetings including accurate reporting on successes and challenges;
- Ensure that the data collected goes through a data cleaning and validation process each day;
- Ensure all data is channelled through the IM system
- Develop reports that synthesize and synchronize initial key finding (needs) and results (outputs/outcomes) such as indicator tracking table, etc.
- Keep monitoring tools and files archived at the PUI office, ensuring their availability to the MEAL deputy manager and/or MEAL manager
- Pass on any information or problems to her/his direct and/or indirect supervisor concerning her/his task, PUI programs, or safety aspects
Capitalization/Institutional Knowledge Building:
- Use lessons learnt combined with field experience to provide contributions and feedback, including during design phases of field tools and assessments;
- Participate actively in team workshops and lessons learnt seminars;
- Actively engage in ongoing trainings and knowledge building;
- Lead training of beneficiaries, community leaders, community facilitators/mobilisers and Field staff on M&E if needed.
Communication & Follow up:
- Respond to beneficiaries’ queries with good knowledge of relevant information when approached;
- Respond to any requests within PUI that might require an alternative communication method or plan of action;
Logistics & administration:
- Perform administrative support activities for the Deputy MEAL Manager/MEAL Manager including, but not limited to, preparation of meetings, recording of minutes, verbal and written translation.
- Ensure the follow-up and the proper use of materials and tools related to M&E activities.
- Manage the supply of materials to the work site in collaboration with logistic department.
Priorities of the Department
The M&E priorities for the MEAL department are:
- The implementation of MEAL activities for the achievement of results enshrined in the global MEAL plan in collaboration with the beneficiaries, partners and project teams.
- Provision of high quality and accurate qualitative and quantitative data according to external and internal deadlines.
- Supporting the MEAL Department to achieve its strategic goals through the occasional undertaking of additional activities that contribute to the overall ability of PUI to achieve its stated outputs.
- Ensuring a robust MEAL system is in place so that the implementation of the projects is of a high quality and accountable to beneficiaries, partners and donors.
- Ensuring a robust and efficient accountability mechanism is in place
- Ensuring high quality data analysis from multiple sources and the production of high quality information products
- Language skills: Fluent in English, Hausa and Kanuri mandatory (speaking/reading/writing);
- Education degree: University Degree preferably in Statistics, Information Management, Management, Social Sciences or related fields.
- Work experience: Minimum of three (3) years’ experience working with NGOs or Government Agencies in Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation and implementation of accountability programming in humanitarian or development programs.
- Knowledge and skills: Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and ability to work in a diverse team and manage complex and sensitive organizational relationships.
- Competence in using information technology including experience with word-processing, spreadsheets and database software.
- Experience using SPSS, Stata or EPI info is desirable.
- Ability to receive and handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Proven interest and commitment to humanitarian and development principles and a demonstrable understanding of conflict/post conflict development contexts.
- Strong motivation to help people in needs.
- Well organized and attention to details.
- Reliable and rigorous.
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvement.
- Autonomy, neutrality, hard worker.
- Able to manage stress and pressure.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Job Title: Deputy Meal Manager
- The PUI Nigerian Mission has been officially opened in April 2016, with a focus on meeting urgent needs, including improving access to food commodities, primary health care and nutrition for Internally Displaced People (IDP) and host communities (HC) living in Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MMC).
- The progressive sectorial widening allowed PUI to start implementing an integrated approach from 2017 in food security, livelihoods, nutrition and health sectors, with the support of ECHO, FFP, OFDA and CIAA/CDC, in line with PUI’s global strategy. From the launch of the health care services in February 2017 to the end of April 2018, a total of 119,913 OPD consultations were reached in Bolori II, while more than 60.000 beneficiaries have been reached by our cash project.
- In mid-2018, PUI has developed its comprehensive response by adding Protection and Community Outreach (PCO) activities to the existing programs in Bolori II. In the month of October 2018 only, more than 3.500 households have received door to door visit from the PCO team. In 2018, PUI has also scaled up its intervention with the opening of Monguno LGA base, with the main objectives of reducing morbidity and mortality of the most vulnerable population and promoting protection amongst the whole affected community. This opening in Monguno allowed PUI to reach the vulnerable population in Kukawa and Cross Kauwa LGA.
- In 2019, PUI will further develop its integrated approach by adding a WASH component to its comprehensive response. In parallel, PUI is continuously supporting the coordination mechanisms in North East Nigeria humanitarian crisis. Finally, PUI is also running the common logistics platform for all humanitarian actors thanks to a co-funding between 20 partners, and a funding from the logistics sector (WFP). Thanks to the Maiduguri Inter Agency Logistic Platform, 91 projects have been supported in 2018, for a total of 7 000 000 of indirect beneficiaries.
- Under the supervision of the MEAL Manager, the Deputy MEAL Manager will support and assist the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Manager in the design, implementation and supervision of PUI’s meal activities in the field and work closely with the different program teams, in the collection and documentation of meal information emanating from program implementation.
- The Deputy MEAL Manager will also support the MEAL Manager in the training of program and MEAL teams on the use of MEAL tools and quantitative and qualitative methodologies and in the implementation of the monitoring processes and protocols including support in program assessments, surveys and evaluations.
- S/he will assist the MEAL Manager in compiling information to build on PUI’s institutional knowledge and produce capitalization reports for PUI.
Responsabilities And Tasks
- MEAL: She/he will implement all MEAL field-related activities;
- Logistics and Administration: She/he will express and anticipate logistical and administrative needs related to MEAL activities he or she is implementing;
- Capacity building: He/she will build the technical capacities of internal and external staffs on different MEAL concepts and data collection and survey methodologies related to all programs implemented by PUI.
Specific Objective and Linked Activities
Implementation and Supervision of M&E Activities:
- Assist the MEAL Manager in Designing and managing Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning systems through providing high-quality technical support to Program and MEAL teams.
- Actively participate in the development of project logical frameworks to ensure objectives are clearly constructed and indicators are SMART and respond to activities (process), results (outputs) and specific objectives (outcome).
- Assist the MEAL manager in maintaining and updating the Global M&E Plan for on-going programs and new programs, including timeframe of activities, data collection methodology, tools to be used and expected delivery.
- Assist the MEAL Manager in designing and regularly updating project M&E guidelines and tools and in Building the capacity of program teams to use the tools including survey design, sampling, data analysis, and reporting.
- Assist the MEAL Manager in designing and carrying out MEAL surveys including PDMs, evaluations, baselines and other assessments related to PUI projects.
- Verify data for completeness, correctness and consistency and follow up on any data/program quality issues prior to sharing with MEAL Manager.
- Assist the MEAL Manager in managing the KOBO platform for the mission and assisting in the roll-out of mobile data collection within the mission to include training, troubleshooting and support for the use of KOBO in the field.
- Coordinate regular MEAL field visits to assess data collection and quality control activities including the application of MEAL tools and assist in the preparation of monthly/quarterly reports to donors and PUI headquarters.
- Assist the MEAL Manager in identifying bottlenecks in the MEAL systems and recommend appropriate solutions and ensure follow-through.
- Support the MEAL manager in close coordination with program teams to ensure the follow-up of programs indicators.
Implementation of Accountability Mechanism:
- Support the Meal Manager in leading the development, expansion and implementation of a feedback and response mechanism with channels that reflect the preferences of community members and beneficiaries across all sectors of PUI interventions.
- Assist the MEAL Manager in designing and managing processes that ensure the active participation and involvement of community leaders and beneficiaries in all projects and MEAL activities throughout the project cycle.
- Assist the MEAL Manager in implementing project specific accountability requirements including accountability needs for distribution interventions.
- Support the meal manager in provide facilitation and orientation to program staff, partners and communities on the basic principles and practices of beneficiary accountability.
- Assist and support the MEAL Manager in reporting all negative feedback or lack of accountability, protection issues or “do no harm” policy breaches to respective technical coordinators or appropriate pathways.
Learning and Institutional Building:
- Assist and support the MEAL Manager in identifying, documenting and sharing with donors, partners and beneficiaries lessons learned and best practices, including success stories that have implications for refinement of best programmatic practices.
- Assist the MEAL Manager in ensuring that lessons learned and recommendations in all technical sectors are addressed in the design of new projects and discussed during project planning meetings and during periodic program reviews and ultimately fed into current work and future proposal development.
- Use lessons learnt combined with field experience to provide contributions and feedback during the design phases of field tools, evaluations, surveys and assessments
- Participate actively in team workshops and lessons learnt seminars
Internal and External Reporting:
- Regularly update the meal manager and program managers on achievements and challenges encountered in the field
- Verbally contribute and participate in coordination meetings at the meal department level, as well as at the base level in collaboration with the meal manager, including accurate reporting on successes and challenges encountered by the meal team
- Ensure that all data collected goes through a data cleaning and validation processes
- Develop reports that synthesize and synchronize initial key finding (needs) and results (outputs/outcomes)
Communication & Follow Up:
- Respond to beneficiaries’ queries with good knowledge of relevant information when approached
- Respond to any requests within PUI that might require an alternative communication method or plan of action
- Represent PUI on the field and with beneficiaries by providing information on services provided by PUI or otherwise, referring cases/needs to appropriate partners and sectors.
- Represent PUI and the MEAL department in internal and external meetings, trainings, workshops, working groups, and donor visits.
- Ensure constant communication with PUI program teams to have an in-depth understanding of PUI programs activities
- Attend base meetings/other internal/external meetings to receive or present updates on behalf of or on request by the MEAL manager
Logistics & Administration:
- Perform administrative support activities for the MEAL Manager including, but not limited to, preparation of meetings, recording of minutes, verbal and written translation.
- Ensure the follow-up and the proper use of materials and tools related to MEAL activities.
- Manage the supply of materials to the field sites in collaboration with logistics department.
- Provide quality supervision, mentoring and coaching to the MEAL staff and ensure that coaching and performance plans are completed on time and with adherence to PUI standards.
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
- Language skills: fluent in Hausa and English (speaking/reading/writing) and basic knowledge of Kanuri is a plus.
- Education degree: at least a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Mathematics, Demography, Sociology, Research or a Numeracy Discipline.
- Work experience: at least five years similar experience with international and local NGOs, CBOs and Private Companies
- Knowledge & skills: good analytical and writing skills/very good team spirit/Demonstrate willingness to improve own knowledge and skills by actively participating in any training sessions and capacity building activities.
- Computer skills: knowledge of the MS office software (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and a basic understanding of data analysis packages such as SPSS, STATA, Epi-Info etc.
- Strong knowledge and experience in the use of ODK platform and mobile data collection.
- strong knowledge and experience in the use of kobo humanitarian toolbox (design of forms; management of data via the platform).
- Strong training/capacity-building skills
- Strong motivation to work in the humanitarian sector
- Strong motivation to help people in need
- Strong motivation for conflict resolution and diplomacy
- Well organized and attention to detail
- Ability/willingness to work within a team
- Conflict resolution and diplomacy experience
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvements
- Autonomy, neutrality, hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
Deadline: 15th June, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online