Procurement Supervisor Job at Green Compass (GC) Recycling Limited
Green Compass (GC) Recycling Limited is a member of Sunray Ventures sets up dedicated collection networks for e-waste, registers and supports informal value chain participants and develops processing facilities for the collected e-waste. Fractions of electronic waste are sorted and exported or sold locally for further refinement and processing.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Supervisor
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- As a Procurement Supervisor he or she manages the Procurement team by planning, prioritizing, assigning and reviewing the work of the Procurement team; ensuring compliance to set standards for health and safety, procurement operations and documentation; detailing and conducting training of procurement staff.
- Understanding, interpreting, administering and explaining laws and regulations governing procurement; maintaining and managing a sizeable network of suppliers/collectors; administrative functions.
- Supervisory responsibility for procurement team;
- Champion the implementation of goals, procedures, policies and priorities for procurement activities and operations;
- Provide guidelines, explain and interpret requirements as well as plan trainings;
- Ensure compliance to procurement procedures and documentation throughout the procurement process;
- Ensure compliance to health and safety standards where applicable during procurement process;
- Plan daily schedule for collections;
- Build, carry on close relationship with, and maintain a network of suppliers/collectors;
- Develop sourcing strategies;
- Continually monitor, evaluate and improve supplier/collector performance according to appropriate service level agreement;
- Maintain and update collector database;
- Update and send daily reports to superiors on collections, collectors, outstanding;
- Review and expedite purchase orders;
- Follow up and escalate collector complaints;
- Develop and update procedure manuals and documents;
- Liaise with local associations or unions to register collectors and guarantors;
- Liaise with local associations or unions to follow up on defaulting collectors;
- Plan for and ensure optimum availability of personnel for daily procurement activities;
- Prepare yearly requirements for budget;
- Oversee onboarding of new collectors ensuring compliance to onboarding procedures and documentation;
- Seek out process improvement opportunities;
- Any other duties assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Engineering or Social Sciences.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a procurement or similar role (Preferably in e-waste management) with supervisory and administrative responsibilities.
- Drivers licence
- Above-market remuneration
- Health insurance benefits
- Career growth potential
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online