Timken Nigeria Latest Recruitment for Sales Engineer
The Timken Company designs a growing portfolio of engineered bearings and power transmission products. With more than a century of knowledge and innovation, we continuously improve the reliability and efficiency of global machinery and equipment to move the world forward. Timken posted $3.6 billion in sales in 2018 and employs more than 18,000 people globally, operating from 35 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Sales Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (reporting into West Africa )
- Timken is looking for individuals who are passionate about developing new business opportunities, and providing excellent customer service. The ideal candidate will have a solid sales track record in the industrial market space in Nigeria.
Scope of the Position
- Implement the Business Plan with defined Sales & Profit objectives together with clear tactics for the market units serving our customers.
- Manage Customer relationship at defined Accounts including Engineering, Purchasing, Quality & Manufacturing.
- Work closely with Market Units, Engineering & Sales Management to serve customer/ Timken objectives.
- Seek out opportunities for profitable growth using existing & new products and services.
- Execute field tactics and action plans that are consistent with our business and marketing strategies and which will result in achievement of our sales and profit objectives for the region.
- Apply a consultative selling methodology to establish Timken as a friction management provider who assists strategic distributors and end customers in meeting their own business objectives.
- Leverage long standing relationships with these accounts to grow sales and market penetration in the region.
- Develop, maintain and grow effective customer relationships by maximizing face-to-face time, executing.
- Develop negotiations skills by participating in customer negotiations; grow ability to develop pricing.
- Understanding of Timken value and learn how to leverage this to maximize price and grow and protect business.
- Mechanical Engineering and / or a B.Sc Mechanical degree and / or B. Tech (Mechanical) or country equivalent.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in a related Sales function within a manufacturing/industrial industry.
- Proven history of sales results, successful problem solving and the generation of new opportunities.
- Solid market and sales knowledge of the region
- Project / contract management experience will be advantageous.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- SAP & CRM system experience will be advantageous.
- Proficiency in business English, speaking and written communication. As well as the spoken languages in the country.
- Fluent in English: ability to compose own correspondence in English. (e.g. letters, reports, proposals, quotations).
- Experience in an American multinational company will be helpful.
- Flexibility – willingness to travel to 60% of the time.
- The incumbent must be a citizen of the specific country
- Unendorsed driver’s license.
The ideal candidate will also demonstrate the following attributes and skills:
- Ability to engage with customers commercial & technical matters.
- Ability to deliver presentations to customers at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to engage with customers commercial & technical matters.
- Understand & speaks segment technical language.
- Decision making and mechanical problem solving techniques.
- A strong personality, balanced with excellent diplomacy and influencing skills.
- Ability to adapt to different countries cultures in the region.
- Perseverance and positive attitude.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Maintain the corporate image.
- Self-motivated and initiative to achieve objectives, with minimal supervision.
- Work well with a team environment.
- Candidates must be willing to undergo psychometric testing and will be evaluated against the same criteria.
- Achieve Business Plan objectives for the region.
- Identify key market opportunities for Timken products, and evaluate market potential for the region.
- Sales Plan Execution: Collaborates with manager to develop customer-based sales plan including sales, won/lost business, pricing plans, new business attainment.
- Build and maintain robust relationships with all authorized distributors and customer personnel. These relationships are critical in defending existing business and gaining access to competitor business.
- Manage Distributors as directed by manager including:
- Analyzing and Setting annual distributor purchase targets;
- Set objectives and strategy with distributors to committing to specific action plans;
- Document all end user accounts, business potential, buying habits and define strategy for profit growth;
- Provide training support to industrial distributors in areas of basic technical product knowledge, general good maintenance practices and product installation, commercial information on applications, target industries, value selling, etc
- Annual Measurement /evaluation of distribution partner performance.
- Extends range of product or service relationships with major end-use customers to grow revenue.
- Develops plans and proposals to meet customer needs and achieve revenue objectives.
- Development and maintenance of records pertaining to distributor relationships, business plans, tracking and measurement of agreed objectives, incentives and supporting action plans.
- Builds sales competencies in discovering hidden customer needs, representing customer needs, handling objections, etc.
- Facilitate customer interaction and coordinate with Marketing, Customer Service, Customer Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and other functional areas.
- Works with Customer Engineering on complex system analyses, including bearing selection on non-standard part number or types.
- Obtains application details from customers (including new or a typical designs).
- Gather and submit customer and market knowledge.
- Provide monthly sales figures.
- Communicate effectively to Timken organization regarding internal requirements to meet agreed targets.
- Evaluates competitors’ products and selling/market strategy.
- Through an understanding of customer drivers, builds ability to influence customer decisions pertaining to new solutions, products and prototype applications. Promotes and presents ideas and proposals to major end-user Customers.
- Project Assignments: Responsible for projects as assigned and directed by direct manager
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability status.
- When selecting the successful applicants, the company will be guided by the best practices relating to appointments, the company’s recruitment and selection policy.