Admin/Logistics Officer Job Vacancy at CCHD – Borno State
The Center for Community and Health Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria’s rural children and women. CHAD was establish in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admin/Logistics Officer
Location: Borno State
Job Type: Contract
Job Duration: 9 months
- CHAD seeks an Admin and Logistics officer to provide administrative and logistics support, liaising closely with the Admin and Logistics team in the other offices and the finance team to ensure good recordkeeping, as well as liaising with the housekeeping staff to support the smooth running of the office.
- The Admin and Logistics Officer will work under the direct supervision of the Project manager and will be functionally managed by the Center Manager.
- The position holder will supervise the Driver, Cleaner and Office Assistant.
- The position is full time, based in Borno with frequent visits to the field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Procurement, Logistics, Management, Human Resource or a related field;
- 1-2 years´ professional experience carrying out administrative, logistical and/or operational tasks
- Experience working in an NGO or civil society is a plus
Other Relevant Requirements:
- Proven interest & commitment to humanitarian and development principles and a demonstrable understanding of conflict/post conflict development contexts
- Excellent in English (oral and written)
- Ability to plan, organize work, communicate and reports effectively (both in writing and verbally)
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines; team player and effective communicator,
- Strong IT skills (Email, Microsoft Office applications, Google Drive, Google Docs, Sheets, Presentation).
- Demonstrated passion for human rights issues
- Good reporting capacity and experience
- Ability to function effectively under stressful conditions such as heavy workloads, and deadlines.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Liaise with the landlord of the office premises and other operational contacts such as vendors, suppliers and courier services to keep the office fully functional
- Coordinate package delivery and pick up
- Maintain office logs on travel, inventory and fuel usage for generator, vehicles etc.
- Prepare travel arrangements, relevant documentation (tickets, visas etc.) and any necessary travel materials (Meeting confirmations, background or reference confirmations)
- Prepare and submit a monthly logistics report about the above to the Center Manager.
- Coordinate procurement process of goods and services, ensure necessary documentation
- Maintain and update vendor’s database for necessary goods and services
- Monitor quality and control cost on various office supplies, stationery, hotel accommodation, transportation and other equipment
- Provide support to HR where needed
- Develop and oversee safety protocols, including the management of the security company
- Ensure that the door security system and key management is functioning properly
- Manage the telephone/intercom/internet system
- Provide logistical support for meetings and conferences on-site and off-site
- Respond to general emails and forward to the appropriate members of staff
- Provide orientation for new staff, visitors or consultants on the use of the general office equipment and other office systems
- Maintain office equipment and oversee repairs
- Manage the office fleet and approve any private vehicle hire
- Oversee vehicle repairs
- Any other function required to undertake broadly in line with above functions.
- Keep colleagues appraised of developments in own area as appropriate
- Contribute to staff meetings, and other internal meetings with appropriate content , views and suggestions
- Fulfill requirements of internal staff management processes including performance reviews, supervisory meetings, etc.
Deadline: 18th July, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover Letter and an updated CV (not longer than three pages) to:
CHAD Office, Bulumkutu Abuja,
Behind Bulumkutu Primary School,
Maiduguri, Borno State.