Residence and Events Manager Job at British High Commission
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Residence and Events Manager A2
Job ref.: 26/19 LOS
Grade: A2 (L)
Type of Position: Fixed Term
Duration of Post: 24 months
Start Date: 1 September 2019
Type of Post: British Deputy High Commission
Job Subcategory: Residence Coordinator
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Residence and Support Staff)
Main Purpose of Job
- To manage the Residence of the British Deputy High Commissioner: initiating, organising and overseeing a wide-range of events; managing a high-performing three person team; accounting for and maintaining food and drink stocks; and coordinating and supervising all maintenance works.
- This is a high profile role, working closely with the Deputy High Commissioner as we use the Residence increasingly to promote Global Britain in Lagos, and to showcase the very strong people to people links between the UK and Nigeria.
Roles and Responsibilities
Managing the Residence:
- Ensure British Deputy High Commissioner’s Official Residence is maintained to a high standard.
- Identify better ways of working to ensure value for money
- Work closely with the Estates and Security Team to manage security/ maintenance improvements
- Lead, manage and develop a high performing team
- Manage external contractors at the Residence (when required) and other venues
- Manage the Residence income and expenditure, ensuring full compliance with HM Government’s regulations
- Plan, profile and track expenditure for the Residence including costs of official entertainment, procurement of goods, uniforms for staff, wine/drink stocks etc.
- Manage stores and inventory management including food, drink, furniture and other household effects
- Lead on organising events at the Residence, and other venues (as required), including the annual Queen’s Birthday Party
- Managing customers: Work with external clients and contractors, to ensure we get best service and value for money
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
- 3 x Residence Staff (Chef/ 2 x Stewards)
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Srong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Experience managing a team
- Experience in event management
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Budget management
- Project management
- Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service
Starting monthly salary: NGN 387,452.00
Deadline: 29th July, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online