The Federation of Muslim Women’s Associations in Nigeria (FOMWAN) is a faith-based umbrella organization that links Islamic women’s groups in Nigeria and promotes Muslim women’s viewpoints on the national stage.
Sequel to the below project objectives, Federation of Muslim Women’s Associations in Nigeria FOMWAN Bauchi State chapter has engagement opportunity for the vacancy below with immediate effect:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
- Since 1985, the federation has worked on a number of different objectives including to promote girls’ education, self reliance for Women, promoting family health among others through community and social dialogue thus, to improve the status of women and children, to advance Nigerian development projects, and to promote the “positive social behaviour of girls” especially muslims who are usually victims of early and forced child marriages. Embracing girls’ education to eradicating poverty, FOMWAN engages in programs to increase the retention rate of girls in school, continued education for married women, and integrate literacy and vocational training into established Qur’anic schools.
Objectives of the Project
- To expand the social and cultural space around women and gender to improve access and acceptance of women’s economic activities and contribution to household and community welfare.
- Transform gender norms inhibiting women’s access to economic opportunities through behavioral change.
- Strengthen capacity of civil society groups working on issues of young women and girls in Bauchi to create bottom-up pressure leading to informed decision-making, modified behavior, and acceptance of gender equitable norms.
- Support the understanding of masculinity and male champions to advance gender equity.
- To support FOMWAN to achieve its aims and objectives through capacity building to achieve its core mandate for its membership.
Qualification and years of experience
- B.Sc/HND in Social Sciences, Statistics, Development Studies and any other related discipline
- 3-5 years working experience in M&E and experience writing donor reports
- Attentive to details
- Good in excel and SPSS
- Women are strongly adviced to apply.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the data collection and analysis of the project
- Provide monitoring and evaluation data on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Conduct data quality assessment before data reporting
- Prepare monthly and quarterly report demonstrating progress for FOMWAN management decision and reporting to MEDA WAY project
- Supervise and track activities of other partners working with FOMWAN on social dialogue
- Collect and collate reports from other partners working with FOMWAN on social dialogue
- Conduct routine monitoring and tracking of MEDA/FOMWAN activities
- Document lessons learnt and challenges.
Deadline: Friday; 16th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Letter of interest (with contact phone number and email – address) and an updated CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.